TWB 2012 06 08

TWB 2012 06 08

TM
TM

June 8th, 2012, 12:22 pm #1

I'm sure they'll have some choice words about bunker placement before this is over.

Wolf
Wolf

June 8th, 2012, 2:10 pm #2

they didnt get as many balls for thier money.

Vulpis
Vulpis

June 8th, 2012, 4:54 pm #3

I'm sure they'll have some choice words about bunker placement before this is over.
That's assuming anyone can get around the horror that is Doc in loud plaid...

AdamGT
AdamGT

June 9th, 2012, 12:09 am #4

I read the comic regularly and enjoy the character development - especially Doc's antics with their resultant explosions. This strip, however, was unexpected and actually caught me laughing out loud. Yes, I LOL'd IRL. The "button" series has been great, and I'm looking forward to more paintball content, but the timing on this one was just perfect. Keep up the great work!

TM
TM

June 9th, 2012, 2:25 am #5

That's assuming anyone can get around the horror that is Doc in loud plaid...
I'm envisioning old school Payne Stewart wardrobe.

Salda007
Salda007

June 9th, 2012, 7:40 am #6

Something along the lines of Mario Golf, with each character having their own play-style and special moves.

Doc can drive a mile and a half, but doesn't have the focus to do well on the green.
Jinx, meanwhile, can't drive to save his life, but thanks to frequent family trips to the putt-putt course, is the best putter in the game.

Roger is only so-so all-around, but has a wide range of tricks (Turbo driver! Homing ball! Excavator wedge!) which make up the difference.
Swamps is solid all-around, but doesn't have much in the way of trick shots or specials.

Pirta has a mean drive, but does poorly out of bad lies.
Sandy doesn't have much power, but has some of the best control in the game.

Lessee, who am I missing?

Ferratus
Ferratus

June 9th, 2012, 12:37 pm #7

Bruno...good power on drives, but not the greatest accuracy. Makes up for it by being the best at Hazard shots. (What did you THINK he was doing in the woods?)

Bandit... Best starting player all around, but not upgradeable later in the game. (He refuses to get new clubs, because his old Sam Snead specials work just fine, thank you)

Junk Box 99
Junk Box 99

June 9th, 2012, 8:34 pm #8

Something along the lines of Mario Golf, with each character having their own play-style and special moves.

Doc can drive a mile and a half, but doesn't have the focus to do well on the green.
Jinx, meanwhile, can't drive to save his life, but thanks to frequent family trips to the putt-putt course, is the best putter in the game.

Roger is only so-so all-around, but has a wide range of tricks (Turbo driver! Homing ball! Excavator wedge!) which make up the difference.
Swamps is solid all-around, but doesn't have much in the way of trick shots or specials.

> Roger is only so-so all-around, but has a wide range of tricks (Turbo driver! Homing ball! Excavator wedge!) which make up the difference.

EXCAVATOR WEDGE!? That's one way to get out of a sand trap. Or get a tree out of the way.

I'll toss in a couple more:

Tawny - Excellent control on the fairway and long drives, but her short game is not as good; tends to overshoot putts and chip shots. Pretty good at bunker and rough play. Keep her moving, though, she's not very patient. Wasting time on club selection and lining up shots makes her short game worse.

Rainman - Takes a LOT of balls to golf the way he does. Any shot into a rough or hazard automatically takes a 2-3 stroke penalty for losing the ball. Short game and putting are quite good. Although his range is excellent in the long game his control is unpredictable at best. This is balanced by "spamming" tricks such as The Shotgun: launching six balls gives a choice of playable lies for a single lost ball penalty. Has a limited number of balls to use per game; one starting option trades a few clubs for extra balls. Nearly all upgrades involve carrying more balls or launching more of them per stroke (that penalty never goes away.)

Kasi - the Lethal Joke Character of the game. Wildest swing and least control at any range in straight play. She could use a putter at the tee and get anything from one yard to a hole in one. However, with unconventional club selections (a 3 wood on the green?) bizarre technique (aim 45 degrees off the fairway, swing way too hard, force a severe slice and get a decently targeted drive) and a long list of strange shots specific to each green (e.g. to get down the fourth fairway, use a #2 iron, aim her at the club house, swing as hard as possible; the ball will ricochet off two trees and a duck) she's amazingly effective. Fast reflexes and exceedingly fast play are necessary to get ANY use of her, she's the least patient.

Howie turns up in the game driving a beer and hot dog wagon. Ask him for pointers about specific holes, it can save a huge number of strokes. Just make sure you buy a hot dog.

Xodiac
Xodiac

June 10th, 2012, 7:25 am #9

This (plus the suggestions below) actually sounds like it'd be a pretty fun PC or console golf game. Anyone want to gather programmers and do a Kickstarter?

FireFrenzy
FireFrenzy

June 10th, 2012, 7:53 am #10

at which ever level gets me a game box with a sweet one of sketch in it:)