TWB 17Aug11: The Silent Master

TWB 17Aug11: The Silent Master

Andrick
Andrick

August 18th, 2011, 11:08 pm #1

Seriously, if I'm following the word lines correctly, Jake is not saying anything. Was this his master plan, get the girls out of his workplace and around a table where they'll just talk out their own solutions? If that is the case then it is a winning situation since he will get praise if everything the girls suss out works and none of the blame since he made no suggestions if things actually backfires... so long as the girls don't realize the silence.

Be very, very still, Jake. They are the tumultuous ocean and you are the rock about and over which they crash but remains unmoved and unnoticed.

MondoMor
MondoMor

August 19th, 2011, 1:38 pm #2

Now I have to go back a few weeks to see when Doc decided to draw real heads. With necks.

TM
TM

August 19th, 2011, 5:05 pm #3

Functional sentient beings get necks (no point in connecting brain with body if they can't/won't work together)

Nohbody
Nohbody

August 19th, 2011, 8:02 pm #4

Seriously, if I'm following the word lines correctly, Jake is not saying anything. Was this his master plan, get the girls out of his workplace and around a table where they'll just talk out their own solutions? If that is the case then it is a winning situation since he will get praise if everything the girls suss out works and none of the blame since he made no suggestions if things actually backfires... so long as the girls don't realize the silence.

Be very, very still, Jake. They are the tumultuous ocean and you are the rock about and over which they crash but remains unmoved and unnoticed.
Though I do wonder how Pirta knew of the NY Jets coach. She never really struck me as being a sports fan in general.

(I had to look him up. I know I am not a big sports fan. :P )

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

August 19th, 2011, 8:10 pm #5

Now I have to go back a few weeks to see when Doc decided to draw real heads. With necks.
As per a post below, the no-neck thing has always been kind of a shortcut. I was never very good at drawing people, and since, in the beginning the customers were supposed to be just some random nameless guy or gal, the "bubblehead" worked.

There was a small measure of also not wanting to caricature an actual customer, but considering that A) I rarely if ever know what a customer looks like and B) I couldn't intentionally caricature anyone if you put a gun to my head, that was never really a concern.

However, while I've improved the regular artwork, the no-necks became kind of a cop-out. I can't exactly get better at drawing people if I, you know, never draw people, right?

Plus, from an aesthetic standpoint, it's kind of jarring enough to have humans and anthros in the same "world", and to me it started looking even worse with detailed animals vs. featureless people.

Ultimately I'll likely phase out the humans entirely, but before I do, I need more practice at drawing random non-cast animals.

And then maybe I need to start up another webcomic featuring human characters. It's good practice...

Doc.