May 11th, 2018, 9:52 pm #11

csadn wrote: <- leaves the decaf coffee in the pot next to the bowl of mixed plain M&Ms, Reese's Pieces, and Skittles; and the "Jell-O Shots" made with Sugarless Gummi Bears...
You keep away from me!

Gummi Bears... <shudder>
If it ain't broke, I'll fix it!

May 12th, 2018, 7:18 am #12

*runs and hides*

May 13th, 2018, 12:51 am #13

I do coffee and tea.

Start the morning with black (if you have to flavor it or add cream and sugar its because your beans are sh!t)

Around 10 AM I switch to tea - Black, white, green, whatever, I don't need more caffeine, but I like to keep hydrated.

May 31st, 2018, 2:21 am #14

You guys all missed the point - Sugar Free Gummi Bears are made with Malitol as sweetner, it's an alcohol ester of sugar that tastes almost the same...

BUT if you eat a full single-serve package of it (the LD50 varies by person) it starts going through you like a Goose through Atlanta - you get urgent to explosive diarrhea...

If you suspect someone serves some up on purpose or just leaves them out without a warning as a trap (like say an Unmarked Candy Jar or in a big plain baggie), they're just fine to have a few.  Then Stop, Walk Away. Let the cow-orkers find out why, you know better. 

June 4th, 2018, 11:24 pm #15

Amazon reviews of the Haribo sugar free gummi bears

June 4th, 2018, 11:30 pm #16

Well, from a certain standpoint, all teas are "stewed weeds".  It just takes a lot of trial and error to find a useful weed.
-- Change is inevitable, except from vending machines

June 5th, 2018, 12:00 am #17

Xheralt wrote: Well, from a certain standpoint, all teas are "stewed weeds".  It just takes a lot of trial and error to find a useful weed.
Two words: Dandelion tea. (or was that wine?)  Also, rumor has it that putting some pine needles into a cuppa tea gives it an interesting taste, but I never got around to testing that. :)

June 5th, 2018, 1:53 am #18

BruceBergman wrote: You guys all missed the point - Sugar Free Gummi Bears are made with Malitol as sweetner, it's an alcohol ester of sugar that tastes almost the same...

BUT if you eat a full single-serve package of it (the LD50 varies by person) it starts going through you like a Goose through Atlanta - you get urgent to explosive diarrhea...

If you suspect someone serves some up on purpose or just leaves them out without a warning as a trap (like say an Unmarked Candy Jar or in a big plain baggie), they're just fine to have a few.  Then Stop, Walk Away. Let the cow-orkers find out why, you know better. 
I discovered many of the artificial "--tol" sweeteners had strong laxative effects.  Back when I was in high school I got hooked on a certain chewing gum with one of these and found it was a great accelerator of the school food (like it needed more.)  Xylitol, Manmitol, Sorbitol, etc.

I shared that experience with a classmate who had some experience with that and I'd filled in a blank she'd wondered about -- on a Girl Scout trip to see the Cleveland Indians they'd arrived to find a promotion going on - Sugar-free Dentyne, being handed out by packet.  Somehow the scouts acquired something approximating a basketball sized bag of the tiny strips of gum.  On the bus ride back home they'd got into having a contest to see who could chew the most of them.

I think you're getting the picture, eh?

That bus suddenly had to hit every rest stop and gas station on the way home.  A pack will do you in, several packs will do you in fast.