There is one good thing about today's gas prices...

There is one good thing about today's gas prices...

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

June 22nd, 2012, 9:53 am #1

-Yep, that's the real thing, no photoshopping of the numbers.

One number isn't that chancy, it was $4.42 a few months back on it's way up, and I regretted not snapping a photo then. But both prices? That's long odds- I was practically obligated to stop in for a pic.

(For those listening at home, the high-performance version of my car is called a "442". It's like a "Z-28" Camaro. And the best version of the 442 has a big-block V8... which displaces 455 cubic inches.)

Doc.

Junk Box 99
Junk Box 99

June 22nd, 2012, 1:20 pm #2

The name of that place, "Tesoro," is Spanish for "Treasure." So does that imply that the 442 is a treasure, or that you'd have to spend a treasure to get one completely restored?

jwhouk
jwhouk

June 22nd, 2012, 1:29 pm #3

...a treasure just to fill it up?

Good lord, I thought Alaska's gas prices were CHEAP compared to the rest of the states? Or did her former governorship do something to change that?

timberwolf
timberwolf

June 22nd, 2012, 1:53 pm #4

One number isn't that chancy, it was $4.42 a few months back on it's way up, and I regretted not snapping a photo then. But both prices? That's long odds- I was practically obligated to stop in for a pic.

(For those listening at home, the high-performance version of my car is called a "442". It's like a "Z-28" Camaro. And the best version of the 442 has a big-block V8... which displaces 455 cubic inches.)

Doc.
"2GO"

442 455 2GO

Seems the universe is trying to tell you something...

PS: I know you have a 455 around there somewhere...

Renegade_Azzy
Renegade_Azzy

June 22nd, 2012, 2:19 pm #5

...a treasure just to fill it up?

Good lord, I thought Alaska's gas prices were CHEAP compared to the rest of the states? Or did her former governorship do something to change that?
Gas up there, as Doc has pointed out, is less molested. I bet the mileage you get out of that gas is at least 10% better. And it stores longer than the gasahol we get down here.

MephitMark
MephitMark

June 22nd, 2012, 2:41 pm #6

Of all the nightmarish things to happen is the state is authorizing an increase in the amount of ethonal in the gas in the near future (don't remember the dates). And if I remember correctly, they are going to 20% content.

The reason for the increase? Payback for the corn industry. And the ethanol refineries. I'm sure Nickel can regail every one about the joys ethanol has on the workings of a engine, more so for areas that enjoy extended winter cold.

upriver
upriver

June 22nd, 2012, 3:24 pm #7

Doc.
just curious.... it looks pretty nice.

thanks.

Chris
Chris

June 22nd, 2012, 3:39 pm #8

The name of that place, "Tesoro," is Spanish for "Treasure." So does that imply that the 442 is a treasure, or that you'd have to spend a treasure to get one completely restored?
... That baby looks like it gets a good hand-washing,
followed by hand-waxing and buffing.

Curt
Curt

June 22nd, 2012, 6:44 pm #9

just curious.... it looks pretty nice.

thanks.
F5.6 ISO3200 1/60 .. ish..?

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

June 22nd, 2012, 7:13 pm #10

Actually, I used my Canon 1D MkII(n) with the 24-70 f2.8 at about 60mm zoom. The photo itself was ISO800 at f2.8, 1/50, +2/3rds exposure compensation.

It was also about 1:30 in the morning and yes, the sky really was about that bright. Land of the Midnight Sun and all that.

Doc.