The Whiteboard Magic: the Gathering cards

The Whiteboard Magic: the Gathering cards

Salda007
Salda007

June 19th, 2012, 6:46 am #1

(Thought that would get everyone's attention!)

The idea for the first few of these came to me during a slow day at work last week (inspired by the Whiteboard Golf game discussion), and I've been poking at them since then. I've got the first batch up here, with more in the pipe. I've got cards done for Doc's Dew plant and the shop itself, but need to find good shots from the strip for them, and I still need to figure out stats for a few more of the cast.

Call 'em a birthday present, or something. Enjoy!

(P.S. - I'm using the Magic Set Editor, from here.)

Vulpis
Vulpis

June 19th, 2012, 2:18 pm #2

Cute set. I am amused by your choice of 'Flash' as one of Pirta's abilities. I'm reminded of Jennie Breeden's 'Geeba's on Parade' and her 'Innate Stun Ability'.

Urban Werebear
Urban Werebear

June 19th, 2012, 4:01 pm #3

The idea for the first few of these came to me during a slow day at work last week (inspired by the Whiteboard Golf game discussion), and I've been poking at them since then. I've got the first batch up here, with more in the pipe. I've got cards done for Doc's Dew plant and the shop itself, but need to find good shots from the strip for them, and I still need to figure out stats for a few more of the cast.

Swampy with the Ambush ability, if I recall the name correctly- Can be played as an instant, but goes to the graveyard at the end of the turn.

Sandy with the Good Coffee ability- Tap to give another creature haste, first strike, or +0/+2 until end of turn.

Sorry, inner Magic geek escaped for a moment... Down! Down! Back to your dungeon!

Salda007
Salda007

June 19th, 2012, 4:09 pm #4

Cute set. I am amused by your choice of 'Flash' as one of Pirta's abilities. I'm reminded of Jennie Breeden's 'Geeba's on Parade' and her 'Innate Stun Ability'.
"Flash" is a Magic keyword meaning, "Can be played as an instant." Normally creature cards can only be played during certain parts of your own turn. With "Flash", a creature can be played at other times, including on the opponent's turn or in response to another spell.

Pilchard123
Pilchard123

June 20th, 2012, 8:38 am #5

They're gone! Where'd they go?

(The link is broken, in case you hadn't guessed)

Salda007
Salda007

June 20th, 2012, 3:54 pm #6

Just checked on two different computers, one of which I wasn't even signed into. Let me know if they're still not working, and I'll try direct-linking them.

Pilchard123
Pilchard123

June 21st, 2012, 8:37 am #7

They seem to work now... I wonder what the problem was?

jwhouk
jwhouk

June 21st, 2012, 3:45 pm #8

Getting a recursive posting. Didn't try looking at the source via the JPG file.

Salda007
Salda007

June 22nd, 2012, 5:41 pm #9

It might be Photobucket having issues, but I haven't really had problems with them before (at least, none that have been reported to me.) I can try direct-linking them if people are still having problems with the album link.