Ten Years.

Ten Years.

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

June 18th, 2012, 1:08 pm #1

I have now officially been doing TWB for longer- and more regularly- than almost any "real", paying job I've had.

Technically, I've been an airsmth longer- July of '98- but hey. Technically I started TWB as a sort of advertising for the airsmithing...

As noted, I have no plans to stop anytime soon. Presuming my Dew-saturated pancreas holds out and and I don't lose my fingers to a hilarious industrial accident involving three blenders, a bandsaw and a large truck differential, I suspect I'll still be doing this another ten years down the road.

And I have to thank you all. Without readers, it'd all be wasted, and I'm always glad to see so many of you enjoy it. I have always enjoyed the feedback of a webcomic. I asked for a few ideas on Roger's button, and you ladies and gents stunned me with over two hundred of them.

We- yes, "we"- do have some changes in store, too. One of these days, I hope to finish the new cast pages. I've got most of Book 6 worked up, and just waiting for my print guy to get set up for it. Wednesday's "button" strip, too, will be kind of special. All kinds of little things.

We'll also be doing another T-shirt preorder in a week or two, there's another couple of donor wallpapers in the works, and I've got more stuff to go in the store very shortly. Yeah, that's kind of a blatant tip-jar rattle, but I am, after all, self-employed, and every little bit helps.

Thanks again for reading. Glad you've made it this far, and hope to see you around for another ten.

Doc.

Johnny Logan
Johnny Logan

June 18th, 2012, 1:37 pm #2

Here's to another TEN YEARS.

This is the only forum that has stayed (more or less) on topic and is more fun than a $2M college robotics budget (yes, I teach this stuff for a living; now ya know).

Doc, you have been, are, and will continue to be an inspiration to us all, in your ingenuity, originality and your unique desire to improve the sport and Dew futures.

Here Here!

Majlogon

Evil Monkey
Evil Monkey

June 18th, 2012, 1:41 pm #3

I have now officially been doing TWB for longer- and more regularly- than almost any "real", paying job I've had.

Technically, I've been an airsmth longer- July of '98- but hey. Technically I started TWB as a sort of advertising for the airsmithing...

As noted, I have no plans to stop anytime soon. Presuming my Dew-saturated pancreas holds out and and I don't lose my fingers to a hilarious industrial accident involving three blenders, a bandsaw and a large truck differential, I suspect I'll still be doing this another ten years down the road.

And I have to thank you all. Without readers, it'd all be wasted, and I'm always glad to see so many of you enjoy it. I have always enjoyed the feedback of a webcomic. I asked for a few ideas on Roger's button, and you ladies and gents stunned me with over two hundred of them.

We- yes, "we"- do have some changes in store, too. One of these days, I hope to finish the new cast pages. I've got most of Book 6 worked up, and just waiting for my print guy to get set up for it. Wednesday's "button" strip, too, will be kind of special. All kinds of little things.

We'll also be doing another T-shirt preorder in a week or two, there's another couple of donor wallpapers in the works, and I've got more stuff to go in the store very shortly. Yeah, that's kind of a blatant tip-jar rattle, but I am, after all, self-employed, and every little bit helps.

Thanks again for reading. Glad you've made it this far, and hope to see you around for another ten.

Doc.
And thank you.

TM
TM

June 18th, 2012, 1:52 pm #4

Doc.
Jinx peeking behind the banner? Some things can't be unseen.
Of curse given the way these things usually work out here, I've got a feeling that it's Swampy and Roger doing battle, in attire forced upon them by the ladies.

Kestrel
Kestrel

June 18th, 2012, 1:53 pm #5

Doc.
Thanks for all the laughs, Doc! I still remember the first strip I ever read! Congrats on 10 years and here's hoping for ten more...

Kestrel

jwhouk
jwhouk

June 18th, 2012, 2:06 pm #6

Doc.
Congrats from someone who isn't a PB enthusiast but comes for the funny.

Best wishes to you, and for ten more years!

FleetCommander
FleetCommander

June 18th, 2012, 2:24 pm #7

Doc.
Doc,

This can't be said enough: Thanks for all the work you put into this.

At the risk of getting too emotional...

I was deployed overseas several years ago I admit, it wasn't the duty assignment--Istres, France--that was hard. It was my first, and only, deployment and it took me a little while to hit on everything. The Whiteboard had been running for a couple of years, and I'd found it just a month earlier. Reading TWB and laughing made the transition a lot easier.

About a month and a half into my tour, I had an opportunity to play some paintball with some other members of the unit. I'd printed off what TWBs I could find and brought them with me to pass any dead time. Our translator spent a lot of time with the locals explaining the comics. For a little while, Doc, you had some French fans! We all laughed for a while, then got back to the business of paintball.

Thanks again, Doc.

Jason A Schulz

The J.A.M.
The J.A.M.

June 18th, 2012, 2:34 pm #8

Doc.
When I first read the strip, I thought Doc had a firearms and munitions store/armory, and of course had nothing to do with paintball, until I read the archives.

I had only heard of paintball from an ad in "Newsweek on Campus", which didn't seem very appealing. The ad said "Sometimes it's better to give than to receive".

I think the only playing field in Mexico is in the capital, where I am not. I doubt I'll ever get the chance to play (I can't even afford to RENT the equipment), but if I ever visit Alaska, I'll look you up.

¡Felicidades!

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

June 18th, 2012, 2:38 pm #9

Jinx peeking behind the banner? Some things can't be unseen.
Of curse given the way these things usually work out here, I've got a feeling that it's Swampy and Roger doing battle, in attire forced upon them by the ladies.
I got the impression, he's looking at girls in bikinis fighting for the last piece of a normal-sized cream pie. And one of them is Kasi's mom.

Wolf
Wolf

June 18th, 2012, 2:40 pm #10

Doc.
You do more for your fans then any other comic artist. And all without letting it go to your head.