Sorry for the unfinished strip...

Sorry for the unfinished strip...

April 7th, 2017, 10:45 am #1

My apologies for the lack of color in today's strip- well, that and the weak punchline. I had different dialogue at the start, but never really liked it. I may try reworking it as I do the color this weekend...

What's the holdup? I'm remodeling my office- including adding more power and redoing some of the drywall- which is not really all the difficult. It's just that I had to move my PC, of course, and it is, at the moment, teetering on the edge of my kitchen counter.

Not ideal, of course, but I'll get it sorted shortly, and all the office mods should be done in another week or so.

Business, emails and the comic will of course continue.

Doc.

April 7th, 2017, 5:59 pm #2

Real Life often wins, as me and a good number of my friends often say.

The punchline gave me a chuckle, at least, which is good.

April 7th, 2017, 6:07 pm #3

My apologies for the lack of color in today's strip- well, that and the weak punchline. I had different dialogue at the start, but never really liked it. I may try reworking it as I do the color this weekend...

What's the holdup? I'm remodeling my office- including adding more power and redoing some of the drywall- which is not really all the difficult. It's just that I had to move my PC, of course, and it is, at the moment, teetering on the edge of my kitchen counter.

Not ideal, of course, but I'll get it sorted shortly, and all the office mods should be done in another week or so.

Doc.
I'd rather you spend your time creating new stuff than on coloring old stuff.
Love thou the rose, yet leave it on its stem. -- Edward Bulwer-Lytton

April 7th, 2017, 6:59 pm #4

Real Life often wins, as me and a good number of my friends often say.

The punchline gave me a chuckle, at least, which is good.
When Swampy said "Not tellin'" I expected to see "<n/t>" above his head.
If it ain't broke, I'll fix it!

April 7th, 2017, 8:33 pm #5

I'd rather you spend your time creating new stuff than on coloring old stuff.
"Not Telling" works incredibly well given everything prior and sets up so many possible hijinxs.

April 7th, 2017, 9:29 pm #6

ditto <n/t>
Breakfast.com halted. Cereal port not ready.

April 8th, 2017, 1:34 am #7

Doc.
Not Telling
This is a test. Explosions are a happy side effect.

April 9th, 2017, 9:33 am #8

Color takes a huge amount of time- it takes twice as long to do a strip in color than it does in B&W. Longer, if there's more than just one or two characters.

There have been more than a few times I wished I could go back to B&W again...

Doc.

April 9th, 2017, 12:04 pm #9

Some of Mark Stanley's more technically interesting strips were the ones where he'd done the rough-out and you could see how the pictures of his characters were developed from the pencil-work. I have some that I downloaded before he 'polished the cannonball', to save for posterity.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dpjy4gwmtggd9 ... m.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhrl10cgamf85 ... m.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m9h1bk9543ewc ... m.png?dl=0
Breakfast.com halted. Cereal port not ready.

April 10th, 2017, 7:43 pm #10

Color takes a huge amount of time- it takes twice as long to do a strip in color than it does in B&W. Longer, if there's more than just one or two characters.

There have been more than a few times I wished I could go back to B&W again...

Doc.
Go for it. It's your strip and honestly the color is nice but I come for the character and humor, and how many projects/machines/cars/tools/very small rocks/rabbit season!/pictures/curious machine finds/duck season!/random pics of heavy machinery/comics you have.

Other than that take a load off.

Steampunkhawk