something wrong ?

something wrong ?

evermind
evermind

May 10th, 2012, 9:44 am #1

there seems to be something wrong with reaching "the-whiteboard" from Europe (at the least) - it's been really impossible to call up (usually "timing out") for the last couple of weeks, and massively terrible for the last 10 days.

Something wrong with any of the cookies or other stuff involved with the new shop ? Connectivity ? Because there seems to be hardly anything about on the forum, which sets me wondering...

I love the site, but right now, it is hit-and-miss to even call up.

Greebo
Greebo

May 10th, 2012, 12:25 pm #2

From the UK via Talk Talk Business and BT Internet....

Who's your ISP?

Cheers,

Greebo

evermind
evermind

May 10th, 2012, 12:29 pm #3

Would be o2, but basically, there was a similar effect last year, when the page could not be called up from our university's (UHH - Hamburg) net. Came down to an "apache" cookie, and has since been resolved, but....

It also applies from other mainstream German nets (Vodafone, T-online are the other major ones I checked )...

Bruce Bergman
Bruce Bergman

May 10th, 2012, 3:03 pm #4

This isn't Pirate Bay but that's never stopped them in the past.

But they don't understand that the Web abhors a vacuum, and anything they can do you can circumvent.

Would you like to borrow a few hundred crates of Tea and give them a toss in the Thames perhaps? Sometimes that's the only thing that governments understand.

Shargo
Shargo

May 10th, 2012, 8:14 pm #5

there seems to be something wrong with reaching "the-whiteboard" from Europe (at the least) - it's been really impossible to call up (usually "timing out") for the last couple of weeks, and massively terrible for the last 10 days.

Something wrong with any of the cookies or other stuff involved with the new shop ? Connectivity ? Because there seems to be hardly anything about on the forum, which sets me wondering...

A couple of weeks ago there were some glitches but good now

Madcat
Madcat

May 10th, 2012, 9:33 pm #6

I have had no problems with TWB.

FireFrenzy
FireFrenzy

May 11th, 2012, 7:47 am #7

Not like, Alaska in winter cool, but pretty bloody cool non the less...

Greebo
Greebo

May 11th, 2012, 11:04 am #8

This isn't Pirate Bay but that's never stopped them in the past.

But they don't understand that the Web abhors a vacuum, and anything they can do you can circumvent.

Would you like to borrow a few hundred crates of Tea and give them a toss in the Thames perhaps? Sometimes that's the only thing that governments understand.
It's working UK >>-> USA

It's NOT working Germany >>-> USA

So either the outbound or inbound packets are getting lost...

Have you (the OP) tried a traceroute?

Cheers,

Greebo

Greebo
Greebo

May 11th, 2012, 11:15 am #9

I have had no problems with TWB.
If the OP has tried a few networks and sees problems on them all and you're fine, that is interesting.....

You're not US Forces or similar are you? - i.e. use a US based network from Germany?

Cheers,

Greebo

P.S. did you ever play Delta Force 2? (just guessing from your email address)

Madcat
Madcat

May 11th, 2012, 11:19 am #10

1) my ISP was with Arcor but now is with Vodafone Germany
2) nope I originally lived in Wales UK, but came to Germany to live with my German Girlfriend, I was never in the Military.
3) yes I did play a lot of DF2 many years ago, should have got a new email address but just couldnt be bothered lol.