So what are you working on this week?

March 5th, 2018, 8:45 pm #1

My week is looking pretty chock-full right now. I need to print some more things, mold up more rubber detents, finish about five WAY overdue customer projects on my bench, if some last parts come in I hope to get the CNC lathe back up and running, I need to do a little work to the Exacto mill (I was using it a lot last week, and kept running into a couple minor problems that really need attention) plus I need to put at least a couple of hours into cleaning and organizing, since I have tools scattered from hell to breakfast.

And if there's time after lunch, I have two R&D projects I need to put some noodle time into, there's always the lever action project that's sitting there mocking me, the CNC router still needs a lot of work, and if I ever have any free time again, I still have some accessories to go with that car axle that I need to do before I'd be able to bolt that puppy in.

The customer stuff alone is going to eat most of the week, and all of those guys are getting a bit annoyed, I'm sure, so that's the primary focus. But I still have to stop and do other things- I'm low on the rubber detents and completely out of two of the books, so I need to make more of all of those, and I'm very low on the 'Cocker detents as well, so I need to take a couple of hours and run another batch here very shortly.

The one-armed paperhanger had it easy, I think.

Doc.

March 5th, 2018, 10:26 pm #2

This is a "take it easy" week for me after being in Belize for two weeks.

March 5th, 2018, 10:28 pm #3

My week is looking pretty chock-full right now. I need to print some more things, mold up more rubber detents, finish about five WAY overdue customer projects on my bench, if some last parts come in I hope to get the CNC lathe back up and running, I need to do a little work to the Exacto mill (I was using it a lot last week, and kept running into a couple minor problems that really need attention) plus I need to put at least a couple of hours into cleaning and organizing, since I have tools scattered from hell to breakfast.

And if there's time after lunch, I have two R&D projects I need to put some noodle time into, there's always the lever action project that's sitting there mocking me, the CNC router still needs a lot of work, and if I ever have any free time again, I still have some accessories to go with that car axle that I need to do before I'd be able to bolt that puppy in.

The customer stuff alone is going to eat most of the week, and all of those guys are getting a bit annoyed, I'm sure, so that's the primary focus. But I still have to stop and do other things- I'm low on the rubber detents and completely out of two of the books, so I need to make more of all of those, and I'm very low on the 'Cocker detents as well, so I need to take a couple of hours and run another batch here very shortly.

Doc.
I'll be riding along on a 737 all week, just in case it breaks.

March 5th, 2018, 11:09 pm #4

Doc.
For the last two weeks everything I have touched has blown up or melted down. So this week I am hiding and doing nothing.

March 6th, 2018, 2:42 am #5

Doc.
Just uploaded another episode of the Rabbler build. Did a DIY ladder bar build, including a small how-to on tube notching without an actual tube notcher.

https://youtu.be/k2vGOX_icqA

March 6th, 2018, 11:14 am #6

Well, I took the last week off before the department downsizes and I'm likely to lose my vacation time.

Aside from that, a small music label does an annual collaboration album that I grab every year. It's mostly for fun and publicity, but the label uses any proceeds to promote the next album and put on shows that usually benefit charities.
So I'm finally delving properly into FL Studio to finish one of the myriad projects I've started to submit it.
And Photoshop, for a cover for that single and the album that will result when I finish enough of the other couple dozen started pieces, sometime between now and the heat-death of the universe.

March 6th, 2018, 12:17 pm #7

Working on my custom electric guitar (the Frankencaster).  Money was super tight last month, but it's easing up to the point that I can actually start buying parts for it, which lit a fire under me to get working on the body again.  The back is getting its fourth coat of one-coat poly tonight. 🙂 I'm also going to do some routing on the front (it's a right-hand-to-left conversion among other things, and the pots and pickup selector need to be relocated so I don't whack 'em when I'm playing) when I work up the guts.  Then when the neck and bridge come in, I'll be able to make the pick guard.
"Vox populi, vox humbug!"
- William Tecumseh Sherman

March 6th, 2018, 3:09 pm #8

Racquetball. A little Online Gaming, tournament style (no, not a shooter - A Strategy Card Game called "Star Realms"). Then boring stuff like cleaning/laundry/making sure I'm ready to see my accountant about taxes next week. ACTUALLY WORKING ON, rather than just thinking about, building a custom storage solution for the contents of the game "Massive Darkness". The way they packed the figures for that makes it impossible to find anything easily. Watching the Stars play more (goo? please play well...) Hockey.
...You know. Retired Life. :P
-- Wow! Look, a Signature box!

March 6th, 2018, 3:36 pm #9

DocsMachine wrote: My week is looking pretty chock-full right now. I need to print some more things, mold up more rubber detents, finish about five WAY overdue customer projects on my bench, if some last parts come in I hope to get the CNC lathe back up and running, I need to do a little work to the Exacto mill (I was using it a lot last week, and kept running into a couple minor problems that really need attention) plus I need to put at least a couple of hours into cleaning and organizing, since I have tools scattered from hell to breakfast.

Doc.
Unfortunately fate has come crashing in on me.  I have a back porch that is in need of very serious work on it.  I was hoping that things would hold together until this summer when I could get it worked on.  No such luck, a good chunk of the ceiling fell in on Friday.  To prevent the rest from caving in, I had get some lumber and prop the rest up, and hope that holds until summer.

Looks like I will be doing a lot of over time to get enough funding to pay for what fate had crashing in on me.  Pun in tended.

March 6th, 2018, 8:42 pm #10

At the moment I'm laying out the track arrangement on the first piece of my model railroad. Next will come roadbed, track, and wiring. After testing and final installation, I'll do another piece.

Tim