March 8th, 2018, 8:28 pm #21

Replace vacuum pump in 2008 VW Rabbit, start building an HF Mag Loop antenna and contend with the theft of most of my camping gear.

March 8th, 2018, 11:31 pm #22

PoisonOakMagnet wrote: Replace vacuum pump in 2008 VW Rabbit, start building an HF Mag Loop antenna and contend with the theft of most of my camping gear.
Ouch. The only good thing about losing camping gear is it gives you an excuse to get new gear.

I have a nice Patagonia fleece hat that I found on a river island about 30 years ago. Still feel bad for whoever lost it. 

March 9th, 2018, 12:16 am #23

Unpacking the garage. I've had to move three times in the past six years, and the first two times were into progressively smaller and smaller spaces, my last 'garage' being composed of a car buried under piles of stuff with no room on either side to even shimmy past.

Now I have a two-car garage and an attached porch/storage area and I've probably condensed or thrown out half of the contents of the old garage. Hopefully by summer my financial situation will have caught up to my garage space situation and I can start working on the poor car again.

March 9th, 2018, 3:17 pm #24

I'm working on sewing pieces of bed foam, together and spray paint them, in order to make the armour that Mulan is wearing when she goes to war. The whole outfit is 95% done, just need coupla more spray cans to finish some details... Since the last 2 days, I've been working on sewing a sword sock that will cover an inner piece of wood ; but I'm not really completely sure about this last one, though.
It was my litlle daughter's wish for her school carnival in a week and a half : get Mulan's armour. OK.
Funnier for me to make the stuff with what I have at hand than spending cash -that I don't have- on a manufactured costume :)

March 10th, 2018, 4:43 am #25

I was supposed to be fixing up a botched SSD install on my main control station (lost a dynamic disk raid and windows wont boot)  so I can get to a repeat customer's laser cutting for her craft biz.  But then I came down with a monster flu, and put me back a week on everything. So now I have a stack of orders in, no machine to drive my printing, and have to find that software still (convert dynamic drive to MBR gpt partition) 
__
Designer / maker of Jeep gauges and assorted automotive bits and baubles.
TeamADW.com

March 12th, 2018, 2:28 pm #26

I stepped the mast on my Puddle Duck this weekend.  18' of mast is REALLY impressive when you're putting it on 7'8" of boat...

March 12th, 2018, 4:41 pm #27

I spent the weekend helping a CBS news crew from New York, filming a story that involved a friend of mine.   The story is scheduled to air in June.   

March 12th, 2018, 6:33 pm #28

After work today, I'm going to go out to the big barn and take some measurements for the workshop I'm planning to build out there.  The tentative plan is to at least get a floor, lighting, and dust system put in Easter weekend.
"Vox populi, vox humbug!"
- William Tecumseh Sherman

March 12th, 2018, 6:48 pm #29

Doing a long clean of my great-grandmother's singer 66 sewing machine. I just finished cleaning the dirt and varnish off the smaller parts and getting ready to take on the frame.

March 15th, 2018, 8:25 am #30

Second-to-last pass on a part in 4140 steel. If I get permission, I'll show it to ya when it's finished. 😁

Doc.