March 6th, 2018, 9:10 pm #11

I'm hoping DH stays out of the house on Monday; I finally got the correct fabric in, and there is a TOS Cap'n Kirk wrap shirt in the works for an upcoming birthday.  Don't want to have that on the sewing machine and have DH walk in without warning!

Have to figure out how to keep the firk-ding-blast lovebirds from eating all the figs that are coming ripe.

Nothing new in the home improvements dept., just a jig so I can saw Pergo to the correct width when I get around to the flooring.  My table saw gave up months ago, and since I used it so rarely, I never bothered to rebuild or replace it.

Need to get the first couple of episodes of my tabletop RPG ready to go.  I'm in the hopper next month, and the Wonder Bros. Circus and Traveling Show is about to have a run-in with some pirates for my Cliffhangers (a la Indiana Jones) campaign.

March 6th, 2018, 11:49 pm #12

Getting my "new" (August) to me CNC mill set up the rest of the way.  Used wanting to get it up and running as drive to try and finish most of the garage around it so it stays protected.  

I am beginning to think the previous owner sold it because they updated Linux CNC and screwed up the settings in the process, rendering the mill unusable.  Thankfully, minor issues.  The Z-axis limit switches are inductive NO switches, not NC like you would normally see - the HAL file was looking for NC switches and therefore thought the switches were all being activated at once preventing me from doing anything (one word added to three lines of code in the HAL file corrected that).  Someone also mislabeled the circuit breakers in the control panel - probably from some half baked troubleshooting, and the stepper drivers were apparently unpowered.  Turned on the breaker, and it's alive.  Now to finish a quickie enclosure around it to contain the mess in my garage.

March 6th, 2018, 11:51 pm #13

This week for me is a madhouse of building and installing the newer version of the company's IM application, figuring out why the ~40K worth of shiny won't talk to the switches they are connected to, pulling a dead shelf of disk and putting another shelf of disk in it's place for a different appliance alltogather,  figuring out what I forgot to do with the test lab, and probably something else.

then there's also the usual stuff for my house. 

March 7th, 2018, 2:58 pm #14

I started fiberglassing my Puddle Duck last week.  Thursday night, I'll be continuing that work.  Perhaps finishing the upper deck fiberglass.

I went racing last week with my R/c cars, and now I need to do maintenance, and some rather major repairs to the body on my USGT car.  

If I'm really lucky, I'm going to get some hand-me-down hardware so I can build my next PC.  

I've been doing a lot of cleaning...  Depressive episodes lead to the house getting ~very behind~ on cleaning.  

March 7th, 2018, 4:54 pm #15

Hunting down some parts for my truck before I get bedliner sprayed on.  Need to find a tailgate access cover or at least a plate that covers the opening properly.  And was thinking about tie down rings for the bed bolts.

March 7th, 2018, 5:20 pm #16

Rewired my PC with some sweet custom cables, going to do some research tomorrow for the RPG i am DMing...

March 8th, 2018, 12:14 am #17

Not much. I'm planning on hitting some spring training games here in the Valley.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody

March 8th, 2018, 7:24 am #18

kiawe wrote: I'm hoping DH stays out of the house on Monday; I finally got the correct fabric in, and there is a TOS Cap'n Kirk wrap shirt in the works for an upcoming birthday.  Don't want to have that on the sewing machine and have DH walk in without warning!

Have to figure out how to keep the firk-ding-blast lovebirds from eating all the figs that are coming ripe.

Need to get the first couple of episodes of my tabletop RPG ready to go.  I'm in the hopper next month, and the Wonder Bros. Circus and Traveling Show is about to have a run-in with some pirates for my Cliffhangers (a la Indiana Jones) campaign.
The only way to keep birds out of fruit trees is to toss mist netting over the whole tree crown, and gather it up around the trunk so they can't get in - but if the birds are stupid enough to try for it anyway there will be collateral damage as they get tangled up in it.

But consider spending $500 on netting to protect $20 worth of fruit is counterproductive. Save what you can, and buy the rest at the market.

March 8th, 2018, 6:12 pm #19

Updating firmware/software for drones.  

Business paperwork & website.

Trying to fix holes in my fence where my wife's stupid weiner dog keeps getting out and roaming the neigborhood.  Currently trying to figure out how to extend the bottom hinge on my chain link gate a bit. Right now the post sits at an angle and it makes a space at the bottom big enough to get out. I think the only thing I can do is drill the post to move the hinge closer.  I've been staring at hinges at Home Depot and it's driving me crazy trying to rig something together.

March 8th, 2018, 6:16 pm #20

Light plumbing work (fixing hot water leak in tub), shopping for new washer & dryer.  Trying to decide if I want to replace the power steering hose in my car or pay someone to do it.