WatchDragon
WatchDragon

August 3rd, 2012, 5:34 pm #1

He has not been around in a while.

I remember years ago i asked where tawny was, now wonder where Snowshoe went

Kitkun
Kitkun

August 4th, 2012, 2:23 am #2

Perhaps we could ask Lyman to help look?

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

August 6th, 2012, 7:30 am #3

He has not been around in a while.

I remember years ago i asked where tawny was, now wonder where Snowshoe went
If I have Doc and Roger blowing things up, I get people asking to see more of Pirta and Sandy.

If I have Pirta shakin' her booty, I get people asking why we haven't seen Rainy or Bandit in a while.

I put up Rainy and Bandit and I get people asking if we can see more of Jinx and Kasi.

If I have Doc & Roger in the shop, people ask when we'll see a paintball storyline.

I do a paintball storyline and people ask if I can do a story with Howie and Kasi's mom.

I do a long-format storyline like Pirta's first game, and people wonder when I'll get back to the gag-a-day.

I switch over to color- which can cost upwards of two extra hours per strip- and somebody will say they prefer the "Scraps" strips which are about ten minutes of copy-and-paste.

Now, none of that is a problem. I like getting feedback from readers, and I'm frequently amazed at how even "throwaway" characters can become instantly popular. (Kasi was originally a one-shot, and I can't even guess how many people have been asking to see more of Jake's coworker Duncan and his boss.)

I have no script, and there is no great overarching storyline I'm going by. The strip is whatever I happen to think of that day- sometimes it works, sometimes it's crap.

More than a few times I've been stuck for an idea, trying to come up with some new way for Doc and Roger to blow something up. Then I'll get an email or read a board post saying something like "When will we see Gino again?" and all of a sudden there's a good gag all laid out.

So don't be afraid to ask. I can't say I'll shoehorn your favorite character in right away, but it just might give me an idea to make a bad gag good, or a good gag better.

Doc.

Urban Werebear
Urban Werebear

August 6th, 2012, 11:21 am #4

Doc, so far as I'm concerned, just keep doing what you want to do with the comic. I'll keep picking them up as long as you keep laying them down.

After all, if it ain't broke, why try to fix it? (Modding isn't fixing, right? ;P)

Snowtroll
Snowtroll

August 6th, 2012, 12:04 pm #5

If I have Doc and Roger blowing things up, I get people asking to see more of Pirta and Sandy.

If I have Pirta shakin' her booty, I get people asking why we haven't seen Rainy or Bandit in a while.

I put up Rainy and Bandit and I get people asking if we can see more of Jinx and Kasi.

If I have Doc & Roger in the shop, people ask when we'll see a paintball storyline.

I do a paintball storyline and people ask if I can do a story with Howie and Kasi's mom.

I do a long-format storyline like Pirta's first game, and people wonder when I'll get back to the gag-a-day.

I switch over to color- which can cost upwards of two extra hours per strip- and somebody will say they prefer the "Scraps" strips which are about ten minutes of copy-and-paste.

Now, none of that is a problem. I like getting feedback from readers, and I'm frequently amazed at how even "throwaway" characters can become instantly popular. (Kasi was originally a one-shot, and I can't even guess how many people have been asking to see more of Jake's coworker Duncan and his boss.)

I have no script, and there is no great overarching storyline I'm going by. The strip is whatever I happen to think of that day- sometimes it works, sometimes it's crap.

More than a few times I've been stuck for an idea, trying to come up with some new way for Doc and Roger to blow something up. Then I'll get an email or read a board post saying something like "When will we see Gino again?" and all of a sudden there's a good gag all laid out.

So don't be afraid to ask. I can't say I'll shoehorn your favorite character in right away, but it just might give me an idea to make a bad gag good, or a good gag better.

Doc.
Who is demanding to see Rainy & Bandit when Pirta is shaking her booty!

Seems someone is in serious need of a smacking...

I mean, seriously... Some things just aren't cricket!

FireFrenzy
FireFrenzy

August 6th, 2012, 1:58 pm #6

Doc, so far as I'm concerned, just keep doing what you want to do with the comic. I'll keep picking them up as long as you keep laying them down.

After all, if it ain't broke, why try to fix it? (Modding isn't fixing, right? ;P)
Just keep rockin'

Someone
Someone

August 6th, 2012, 6:23 pm #7

Who is demanding to see Rainy & Bandit when Pirta is shaking her booty!

Seems someone is in serious need of a smacking...

I mean, seriously... Some things just aren't cricket!
of the feminine persuasion and watching Pirta shake her thang does nothing for them. Some of the guys might appeal more to them.

Given that this board comprises a representative slice of the population (highly dubious), there are also some guys who like the guys, and some of the feminine persuasion more attracted to the distaff side.

The answer, of course, is to have Doc dressed in a bikini shaking his thang under a disco ball. {Brain Bleach - $20 per dose here}

CF
CF

August 6th, 2012, 7:38 pm #8

"The answer, of course, is to have Doc dressed in a bikini shaking his thang under a disco ball."

Or this.

Torinir
Torinir

August 6th, 2012, 10:55 pm #9

You are evil. n/t

CF
CF

August 7th, 2012, 8:34 pm #10

And don't any of you forget it. >