Red Wire! No Blue! What happens when you cut the wrong wire...

Red Wire! No Blue! What happens when you cut the wrong wire...

Steampunkhawk
Steampunkhawk

July 5th, 2012, 1:59 pm #1

CR Pyro
CR Pyro

July 5th, 2012, 4:45 pm #2

As someone who's shot pro shows, both electronic and hand light, this was probably either a failure of the program (i.e. the delays weren't read properly by the control boxes or the program ran a test with continuity that was, actually, live when it wasn't supposed to be firing cues) or, more likely, there was a failure of a component that caused a continuity check to cause a catastrophic failure of the safety mechanisms.

Glad I wasn't on the shoot crew for that one!

Algaean
Algaean

July 5th, 2012, 5:23 pm #3

Budapest, 2004, the august 20 firework celebrating their national day. They had barges launching one set of fireworks. Something went wrong and one ship caught fire, exploded all the cargo (a starburst at 0 feet is IMPRESSIVE) and sank. A night to remember.

OmniMech
OmniMech

July 5th, 2012, 11:24 pm #4

Dak-Attack
Dak-Attack

July 6th, 2012, 4:47 am #5

Woops? Oh well. I feel bad for people that drove over 2-3 states to see the show literally go up in flames in seconds.

I bet it hailed down firework shrapnel on peoples heads like crazy though.

Vulpis
Vulpis

July 6th, 2012, 3:48 pm #6

And the (pre-recorded) band played on... (n/t)

CR Pyro
CR Pyro

July 6th, 2012, 5:38 pm #7

Budapest, 2004, the august 20 firework celebrating their national day. They had barges launching one set of fireworks. Something went wrong and one ship caught fire, exploded all the cargo (a starburst at 0 feet is IMPRESSIVE) and sank. A night to remember.
Not when you're sitting next to the shooter and there's a hunk of magnesium (starburst) coming at you, it's not! Actually, yeah, it is! :D