Quick Halo loader question...

Quick Halo loader question...

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

July 18th, 2012, 4:45 am #1

I took my E-Blade Fasty-prototype off the wall this afternoon, blew the dust off and promptly snapped the neck of my HALO off. The plastic has, apparently, even being indoors and away from direct sun, gotten rather crispy- virtually every screw hole is heavily starred with stress cracks.

I bought it used and I've had it for at least eight years, so I suppose it's due for a replacement.

I was checking for shells on eBay (unless somebody can recommend a better dealer) and just wanted to make sure, since I've either forgotten or never knew in the first place: There's no difference, as far as the shells are concerned, between a HALO, HALO-B, HALO Too or Reloader, right?

Just checkin'.

Doc.

Nate
Nate

July 18th, 2012, 9:09 am #2

... as far as I know, you're correct. The Too shells are fiber-reinforced, and as such, should be far superior to everything else. They also came stock with the Feedway anti-jam, IIRC, which is supposed to be tons better than that little bead and spring doohickey. I'd recommend the Too shells, and the Feedway if you care enough.

Squirlly
Squirlly

July 18th, 2012, 12:39 pm #3

I took my E-Blade Fasty-prototype off the wall this afternoon, blew the dust off and promptly snapped the neck of my HALO off. The plastic has, apparently, even being indoors and away from direct sun, gotten rather crispy- virtually every screw hole is heavily starred with stress cracks.

I bought it used and I've had it for at least eight years, so I suppose it's due for a replacement.

I was checking for shells on eBay (unless somebody can recommend a better dealer) and just wanted to make sure, since I've either forgotten or never knew in the first place: There's no difference, as far as the shells are concerned, between a HALO, HALO-B, HALO Too or Reloader, right?

Just checkin'.

Doc.
You'll have to make sure there are spots for the eyes... Oh wait I'm talking to Doc... Yeah they should all work with the minor inconvenience of making room for the eyes since all Empire loaders are now sound activated.

-Tim

Pump Scout
Pump Scout

July 18th, 2012, 1:00 pm #4

... as far as I know, you're correct. The Too shells are fiber-reinforced, and as such, should be far superior to everything else. They also came stock with the Feedway anti-jam, IIRC, which is supposed to be tons better than that little bead and spring doohickey. I'd recommend the Too shells, and the Feedway if you care enough.
Go for the Too shells. My understanding is that they do fit the entire HALO line, and are the better material. I know from my own experience that the old shells have a tendancy to go brittle. Mine crumbled right on the gun one day.

Ben

manike
manike

July 18th, 2012, 1:43 pm #5

Just checkin'.

Doc.
Don't buy any. I am clearing down the workshop and found a bunch, including some prototypes with different materials that I shall be sending your way.

manike
manike

July 18th, 2012, 1:48 pm #6

nt

sniper1rfa
sniper1rfa

July 18th, 2012, 2:49 pm #7

Don't buy any. I am clearing down the workshop and found a bunch, including some prototypes with different materials that I shall be sending your way.
Mine was stolen. Been through a pile since.

manike
manike

July 18th, 2012, 2:56 pm #8

Probably the best halo shells ever (made from a very similar material to the original Revy shells) but no-one seemed to care, and they ended up a slightly tight fit to install everything due to the increased shrink rate from the polypropylene. You could occasionally still find them for sale in a silver or mottled green camo. I don't think I have any left though.

sniper1rfa
sniper1rfa

July 18th, 2012, 3:03 pm #9

They were the best. I'd have bought whoever stole my hopper a new one just to get the shells back.

Tenacious221
Tenacious221

July 19th, 2012, 2:05 am #10

Just checkin'.

Doc.
If you can find .stl files of a set of shells...I can try and 3d print you a set from ABS plastic

-Ten