July 11th, 2012, 1:28 am #1

Found this on E-bay ......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PbNation-LLC-to ... 964wt_1187

Get out your check book .....

Ken W

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

July 11th, 2012, 12:00 pm #2

Apparently you only get the name and trademark. Doesn't say anything about the actual site or advertising contracts, etc.

So if somebody bought it, would the current PBN forums switch over to a new name, and the new trademark holders would be able to start up some all-new PBN? Or am I reading this wrong?

And while we're on the subject, is it just me, or has PBN become too fragmented? There's so many subforums that even the most popular topics only get a few new posts a day, and some of them can go several days between posts.

Doc.

dr. j.
dr. j.

July 11th, 2012, 12:11 pm #3

i think they've broken everything down so far that it feels like the website is slowing down even though it probably isn't.

ydna
ydna

July 11th, 2012, 4:23 pm #4

Found this on E-bay ......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PbNation-LLC-to ... 964wt_1187

Get out your check book .....

Ken W
Pbn isn't selling it, it's the former owners (the LLC). Basically they're trying to sell pieces of paper that have no connection to the website.

Pump Scout
Pump Scout

July 11th, 2012, 6:09 pm #5

"Crowdgather is the sole owner the PbNation.com website, domain name, as well as all intellectual property rights and good will associated with the community since our purchase on May 20, 2011. It is our position that the registrations listed for sale on eBay are invalid and will not impact our operation of PbNation.com. We have already initiated a course of action with our legal counsel and expect this matter to be resolved very shortly.

I can't really say much about this matter since it has been referred to legal, but we own the site and the domain names so I am not sure what is being sold?"

And John's TLDR:
"TLDR - Crowdgather owns the PbNation website, domain names, good will and all intellectual property rights. And they aren't selling any of it."

Ben