OT: Hey, Doc! did a couple of cans of Dew slip past you?

OT: Hey, Doc! did a couple of cans of Dew slip past you?

Snowtroll
Snowtroll

July 14th, 2012, 6:52 pm #1

If so, I know where they are...

Spotted them in the cooler at the Italian-style restaurant in Terminal 1 of Abu Dhabi airport.

No, I didn't buy any. It was a little past midnight, and I had a ticket for the 02:30 flight to Berlin...

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

July 16th, 2012, 10:45 am #2

... I do remember back in my oilfield days, I had a can of Saudi Arabian 7-Up in the captain's mess of a large bulk cargo ship.

It was, they said, made with spring water and probably real sugar too. Best soda I'd had in a long time, even though I wasn't a big fan of 7-Up.

I also have, around here somewhere, a still-full Korean (I think) can of Coke. It's a normal can height, but a lot smaller in diameter- like maybe about the side of a toilet paper tube. Ring-pull tab, too- and this wasn't that long ago. Way past when we switched to the attached tabs here in the US.

I kept the Saudi can for a while, not sure what happened to it.

Doc.

Bruce Bergman
Bruce Bergman

July 16th, 2012, 5:00 pm #3

Don't try to drink them if they're over a year old - 6 months for diet, or beer. Skunky happens to more than beer.

Welcome to Southern California, where you can readily get Mexican Coca-Cola in 7-1/2 or 16-oz bottles, made with /original/ recipe cane sugar. But you pay double.

J.Cook
J.Cook

July 17th, 2012, 1:18 am #4

We have mexi-coke here in Arizona as well; average price for a 24 bottle case is ~$20.

(Still cheaper then Jones in the bottles- they go for about $32 for 8 four packs locally.)

Latrans
Latrans

July 17th, 2012, 8:13 am #5

Don't try to drink them if they're over a year old - 6 months for diet, or beer. Skunky happens to more than beer.

Welcome to Southern California, where you can readily get Mexican Coca-Cola in 7-1/2 or 16-oz bottles, made with /original/ recipe cane sugar. But you pay double.
An unopened can of Miller Genuine Draft, circa 1999-2000 (best guess). I'm not even sure why I have it. I don't drink beer.

Snowtroll
Snowtroll

July 17th, 2012, 6:30 pm #6

Have had it on a shelf since around 1995, I think...
(Bottle isn't sealed, just a screw-on cap, so it can have been opened by someone else. I never did, at least)

Algaean
Algaean

July 19th, 2012, 6:53 am #7

... I do remember back in my oilfield days, I had a can of Saudi Arabian 7-Up in the captain's mess of a large bulk cargo ship.

It was, they said, made with spring water and probably real sugar too. Best soda I'd had in a long time, even though I wasn't a big fan of 7-Up.

I also have, around here somewhere, a still-full Korean (I think) can of Coke. It's a normal can height, but a lot smaller in diameter- like maybe about the side of a toilet paper tube. Ring-pull tab, too- and this wasn't that long ago. Way past when we switched to the attached tabs here in the US.

I kept the Saudi can for a while, not sure what happened to it.

Doc.
I worked in saudi a few years too...where/when were you there?