Now, any questions?

Now, any questions?

Khai
Khai

August 5th, 2011, 7:45 pm #1

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

August 7th, 2011, 1:29 am #2

This is hands-down the funniest thing I've seen all week (n/t)

JunkBox99
JunkBox99

August 8th, 2011, 1:20 am #3

FleetCommander
FleetCommander

August 8th, 2011, 3:57 am #4

My metaphorical hat, were I wearing one, would be doffed.

Jason

Myron Kinnison
Myron Kinnison

August 8th, 2011, 1:58 pm #5

I have some basic working knowledge of Mechanics. I also was a theatre minor in college for a few years.

The fact that he just pulled that out of his ass, on the fly and completely improv... AND managed to sound like he actually knew exactly what he was talking about...

That's just win. Shear unadulterated win.

Thank you for making my day.

Bruce Bergman
Bruce Bergman

August 8th, 2011, 5:37 pm #6

So I can send them a congradulatory note. That Was WICKED!!

Neither of the TurboEncabulator videos credit the actor, writer, or crew - which is a shame. Anyone who can keep their professional Game Face on long enough to get that on film is a certified saint.

The Rockwell one the sound and/or camera guy managed to hold it together till about two seconds after the finish, and that's it. Which is fine, they could always edit that laughing out in Post if they wanted a long silent exit pose to fade away from.

Bruce Bergman
Bruce Bergman

August 8th, 2011, 6:11 pm #7

Andrew D. "Bud" Haggart of Auburn MI. B 5/13/1931 D 5/12/2010

Was a Training & Tech Film "Gun For Hire" in Detroit for a whole lotta years, invented a system where the actor tapes himself reading the script with all the fifty-dollar words, then they play it back in his ear as a prompter.

The first one was done at the tail end of a GMC Truck training film, he got the crew to hang around a bit and used up the last of the film in the camera. That's director Dave Rondot cracking up at the end.

The turboencabulator text began as a SAE Spoof article by a grad student in 1942.

Shalom
Shalom

August 8th, 2011, 10:38 pm #8

According to one post I read recently, that obituary was for the wrong Bud Haggart.

Irving Jackson "Bud" Haggart is still alive and (ppresumably) kicking in Troy, Mich, aged 87 or thereabouts. The last poster at http://autoculture.org/?p=1205 claims to have talked to him on March 20 of this year, and recognized his voice immediately.

January 13th, 2017, 11:48 pm #9

I joined the forum to let you know Bud was certainly still alive as of November 2016, as I found his Facebook profile under the name of Irving Bud Haggert. There's also an interesting interview with him from 2013 on Youtube under the title 'Bud Haggart World War II Veteran' - that voice is unmistakeable!

I'm surprised there's so little about him on the internet.