&NFSCD: Duck Tape - who knew?

&NFSCD: Duck Tape - who knew?

Ketira
Ketira

July 26th, 2012, 4:50 pm #1

Just got a look at Duck Tape's main product type, and saw all the neat things & colors this stuff comes in.

I mean..... sheets? Tye-dye? Neon? I see some fun things to do with this stuff...
...but what about Y'all? What would you make with those colors/products?

....just curious....

sniper1rfa
sniper1rfa

July 26th, 2012, 4:59 pm #2

I buy some foot-wide stuff from mcmaster for taping people to chairs. Works a treat.

ta2maki
ta2maki

July 26th, 2012, 5:57 pm #3

PV544
PV544

July 26th, 2012, 11:20 pm #4

Just got a look at Duck Tape's main product type, and saw all the neat things & colors this stuff comes in.

I mean..... sheets? Tye-dye? Neon? I see some fun things to do with this stuff...

....just curious....
The funny thing is, the one item you really don't want to use Duct tape on is ducting... use a good metal backed tape,it will last much longer. So I guess the Duck tape is better name for that product. I'd like to have a hello kitty roll myself.

icouldbeahero
icouldbeahero

July 27th, 2012, 12:46 am #5

....just curious....
to put on the dark slide of the roll film back my large format camera...Haven't forgotten to pull it out since.

Ketira
Ketira

July 27th, 2012, 1:07 pm #6

The funny thing is, the one item you really don't want to use Duct tape on is ducting... use a good metal backed tape,it will last much longer. So I guess the Duck tape is better name for that product. I'd like to have a hello kitty roll myself.
...but what would you use it on? I bought the Tye-dye roll myself, simply because the front part of my desk is coming off, and I needed a smooth surface. It's sticking, it's working nicely, and now I don't have a sore wrist (my mouse sits under the monitor).

But that's where I found this: Michael's craft store. Jo-Ann's fabric has the sheets, last time I looked in there....

Urban Werebear
Urban Werebear

July 28th, 2012, 2:09 am #7

...Wal-Mart, in a dozen variations. Likely less expensive than Michael's.

My stepdaughter-to-be used it for textbook covers last school year. First time she's gotten them to last for more than two months.

icouldbeahero
icouldbeahero

July 28th, 2012, 4:20 am #8

does wonders, and can even be used year-to-year if the textbook dimensions are similar enough.