Need some help sourcing a metric industrial part

Need some help sourcing a metric industrial part

timberwolf
timberwolf

June 8th, 2012, 3:07 pm #1

I am looking for some internally threaded "rings." Thread pitch is M60x2.00.

I need to find 120 of them at 14mm length and 40 at 25mm length.

I talked to our tool and die guys here about making them and after they finished laughing at me, they told me to find someone 20 years older than they are (I'm guessing they're both mid 50s) and ask him.

Any suggestions?

Snowtroll
Snowtroll

June 8th, 2012, 3:58 pm #2

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Slotted ... 0/38888570

I see they're only 11mm, though.
Maybe the seller can help you source something?

Snowtroll
Snowtroll

June 8th, 2012, 4:22 pm #3

Seems they have a lot of stuff...

http://mdmetric.com/tech/M-thead%20600.htm

Le_KiD_Qc
Le_KiD_Qc

June 8th, 2012, 6:08 pm #4

I talked to our tool and die guys here about making them and after they finished laughing at me, they told me to find someone 20 years older than they are (I'm guessing they're both mid 50s) and ask him.

Any suggestions?
Did you look with Misumi USA, M60 is a little big for what we normally see from them, but it might be a good idea to take a look. Also, they have more choices in metric then imperial.
www.misumiusa.com
Le_KiD_Qc

sniper1rfa
sniper1rfa

June 9th, 2012, 1:02 am #5

Any suggestions?
Confused as to why your "tool and die" guys couldn't make that. Is there something I'm missing?

Sounds like something just about anybody with a CNC lathe could do, or somebody with a metric/english gearbox on their lathe.

Russ Kepler
Russ Kepler

June 9th, 2012, 1:32 am #6

It's just under subbing production out and a bit above manual work. If you could find them already made it's be cheapest.

(Additionally there might be an oddish requirement like a female hex or something like that - and in that size it would be costly.

sniper1rfa
sniper1rfa

June 9th, 2012, 11:06 am #7

off the top of my head within 20 minutes of my house that do exactly those volumes.

I should think a quick search for CNC shops should turn somebody up. The dimensions are about as normal as they get - not small, not big.

Timberwolf
Timberwolf

June 9th, 2012, 12:49 pm #8

We don't have a CNC setup in there. We have two wool and die guys. They primarily make jigs and fixtures for assembling and welding the steel products we make. We do have a CNC machine center, but it's more for the occasional bevels, tightly tolerance holes, etc.

Found a local shop more suited, and they should have them to us by Monday. Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

Jim
Jim

June 10th, 2012, 11:38 am #9

Any suggestions?
Nt