My-Three-Sons-o-Vision

Chris "Foxx" Yost
Chris "Foxx" Yost

March 19th, 2012, 2:43 pm #1

If I was into feet Doc, I'd be singing your praises this morning :D

Tony Fox
Tony Fox

March 19th, 2012, 3:23 pm #2

...for practice drawing critter feet, Doc?

It works, though - expresses action rather well. And we can see that their fur pattern extends right onto their footpaws! Nicely done.

Critter Rhode
Critter Rhode

March 19th, 2012, 4:05 pm #3

In a lot of competitions, it can all come down to the foot work.

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

March 19th, 2012, 7:52 pm #4

...for practice drawing critter feet, Doc?

It works, though - expresses action rather well. And we can see that their fur pattern extends right onto their footpaws! Nicely done.
I found out back when I did the cast pages, that I don't have enough experience drawing feet.

The ones I did for the cast pages I kind of defaulted to a generic cartoony look- the only difference between Sandy and Pirta's feet and... well, everyone else's, was they were a little longer.

They're not bad- the cast pics were a little better than last night's rushed strip- but not quite what I had in mind. One of these days I'm going to have to wade into the cesspool of furry art again and look up some better examples to draw from.

Doc.

Robin Bobcat
Robin Bobcat

March 19th, 2012, 9:43 pm #5

To be fair, most cartoonists have trouble drawing feet. Convincing feet are as hard to draw as convincing hands.

Now we just hope that Doc needs practice drawing the ladies' tails...

Tarin
Tarin

March 20th, 2012, 1:05 am #6

Well we know that the game is afoot shortly.

Tohri
Tohri

March 20th, 2012, 1:36 am #7

I found out back when I did the cast pages, that I don't have enough experience drawing feet.

The ones I did for the cast pages I kind of defaulted to a generic cartoony look- the only difference between Sandy and Pirta's feet and... well, everyone else's, was they were a little longer.

They're not bad- the cast pics were a little better than last night's rushed strip- but not quite what I had in mind. One of these days I'm going to have to wade into the cesspool of furry art again and look up some better examples to draw from.

Doc.
Not all fur art is hazardous to normal human health. But neither is all flourine based chemistry.

You could always chat up my better half as a kind of liason. She tolerates me constantly smelling like a lawnmower, and her father was an NMR engineer, so she's been immunized. And she's a furry artist.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/itsatrap

...if it helps, it's not actually a trap.

FireFrenzy
FireFrenzy

March 20th, 2012, 8:12 am #8

Well we know that the game is afoot shortly.
ugh!

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

March 20th, 2012, 12:48 pm #9

Not all fur art is hazardous to normal human health. But neither is all flourine based chemistry.

You could always chat up my better half as a kind of liason. She tolerates me constantly smelling like a lawnmower, and her father was an NMR engineer, so she's been immunized. And she's a furry artist.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/itsatrap

...if it helps, it's not actually a trap.
Nnnnot the best example... The lead image is, I'm presuming, new art for a character/fursona/whatever, and helpfully points out, as the first entry in a short list of fun facts, that said character is a hermaphrodite.

What? Why is that necessary? I mean, not only why make the character that way, but also why is it important enough it's the primary defining characteristic?

I run into this kind of thing every time I want to look up some artwork. I'll run across somebody's character page/model sheet, and the GIS thumbnail looks interesting, so I click on it.

The text gives the name of the character, an age, a species- or several; apparently being a three or four-component hybrid is becoming more and more popular- a gender, a full sentence describing it's sexuality and preferences, and then a paragraph and a half describing it's genitalia in detail.

The artwork shows a front shot, a back shot and a side shot- all nude- with at least one closeup of said genitalia, engorged of course, plus a helpful color chart in case I decide I need to draw it myself, and wish to get the shading right.

Personally, I prefer to give my characters a bit more depth and personality than "apparently doesn't wear clothes very often" and "prefers being on top".

Doc.

Dredwolf
Dredwolf

March 20th, 2012, 9:13 pm #10

kein text