More set pieces for the animation

More set pieces for the animation

August 30th, 2017, 7:58 pm #1

In my seemingly eternal quest to animate The Whiteboard, I've made some progress lately. I've had one of my systems earning points on SheepIt to help with some of the render load down the road. I've also been doing a lot of products for the shop. Most of these can be seen on my instagram page (www.instagram.com/krakenrising)

From the beginning of planning the shop layout I've thought of putting a mannaquin somewhere in the shop. With some extra time on my hands lately, I put together a large set piece. Most of the "mannaquin" nature of it is covered by the clothing and gear, but:

Mannaquin Turntable
https://youtu.be/dVVgvTTq15M

August 31st, 2017, 7:52 pm #2

Is... is that six regular paintball guns mashed together to make a gatling?

I love some of the set pieces you've got on the Instagram page- helmets, case of paint, markers... And Roger's armor and texturing looks great!

Now, I have to ask- what would it take to convert one of those models into a format that could then be imported into a 3D printer? A buddy of mine just picked up a Prusa, and showed me a few test prints. It'd be way cool to print a physical model of these guys.

Doc.

September 1st, 2017, 3:38 am #3

First:

Yes, those are 6 of my Axe models. I have made some changes since that animation, but the basic layout is the same. Click on the pics for a quick vid of just the gear.

Second:

Converting these into a printable format is not as easy as just exporting it. The model has to be "water-tight," meaning solid, single objects without any holes or intersections, instead of the layers of different objects you see here. This means doing re-topology over the many elements that make up what you see. There's also the problem of the fur that you see on many of the characters. It would have to be changed to sculpted fur, much like on the mannequin.

It's time consuming, but not impossible.
That being said, I had hoped to approach you later this year about doing just that. I was thinking of a small statue/diorama with a few characters, cast and paint perhaps 20 of them, and use it to offset the cost of some voice actors for the animation. I know there's discussion to be had about all of it. Drop me a line: krakenrisingprod@gmail.com

September 1st, 2017, 12:10 pm #4

Sorry but the pics aren't showing up. Photobucket now requires you to pay like $400 for a subscription. You might look into Imgur.

September 1st, 2017, 4:52 pm #5

I previewed several times last night and thought they were working. Let me know if there's a problem here.