Mocap and snouts-Video (also, correct name)

March 9th, 2018, 4:15 pm #1

First:  I'll be posting under this name from now on.  I had created my other forum account before KrakenRising existed, which was easy enough to get around with the new format.

I've been recording some mocap, and learning a lot about the difficulties of adapting to these characters.  I don't have the full version of Brekel (yet), so I'm currently limited to 4 second clips, but that's plenty to record some basic actions.  These actions can then be looped or stitched with others for more complete animations.

Doc has a really big head, and I realized right away that it presents some problems with how animation will have to be handled.  I was prepared to deal with the added torso bulk, but hadn't quite dealt with how a snout would interfere with a hopper.

This is a low frame rate, low pixel video, but shows some of the possibility of the mocap.

And here is a frame render of the full file.

March 9th, 2018, 11:13 pm #2

Awesome! Animated Doc! 😁 I love it! I've always wondered what they'd all look like in actual motion... I need to become a billionaire and hire Pixar to do up a feature-length TWB movie...

[checks wallet] Only $999,999,993 to go! I'm gonna need all you guys to buy 700,000 books, okay? 😋

Doc.

March 10th, 2018, 2:28 pm #3

Here's a GSM render, to get a bit faster motion.  I'm still smoothing things out and rigging the pods.