May we translate TWB in Italian?

May we translate TWB in Italian?

March 9th, 2018, 12:26 pm #1

Hi Doc, greetings from sunny (but locally chilly) Italy.
I cooperate with my good friend Valerio on the italian translations of several webcomics ( Housepets!, Freefall, TwoKinds, SaveState, Sabrina on Line etc. ) that we promote in our country through our no-profit website www.furtopia.it .
We would be very happy to translate your great comic too.
Any chance? Pls pls pls pretty please?

March 9th, 2018, 12:45 pm #2

I'm not Doc, so I can't (and won't) answer.  But I'd love to see this happen for purely selfish reasons - I've been meaning to work on my (horrible east-coast Americanized) Italian (that mostly consists of food and swearing) for a long time, and this would be a huge help.
"Vox populi, vox humbug!"
- William Tecumseh Sherman

March 13th, 2018, 9:34 am #3

I suppose so, provided it's non-profit, there's a link back to the original site, and I reserve the right to ask to have them taken down at any point, if for some reason the need arises.

Doc.

March 13th, 2018, 10:58 am #4

Thank you Doc !
For sure it will be a painfully slow task, considering the huge number of strips AND your love for graphical texts (signs etc) especially in early days.😅
To assure a proper translation of all the paintball related jargon we'll contact the people managing two nearby fields.
We just started the translation of "Swords and Sausages", so "The Whiteboard" will be the next in the line.
I'll send you a couple of samples for valutation via private message.

Thanks again
Renato