Looks like we've finally swapped over to Tapatalk!

March 6th, 2018, 5:46 pm #21

Interesting problem, it looks like they created new account profiles with username, email and password from the old site, but they seem specific to this forum. I can log into this forum with my email, but the account doesn't exist if I use the front page login. If I try to register an account with my email, it tells me an account already exists for the email.

Doc, can you find out from the admins if these accounts will become Tapatalk-wide accounts? I'd like to use the app to track the site, but it refuses the credentials and registration.

March 6th, 2018, 6:32 pm #22

Checking in and poking around.  5 minutes might be too short an Edit window - especially when you get this nagging feeling you mis-remembered a fact, you go back and look it up, and yeah you got it slightly to moderately wrong.

999 minutes would be too much - I'd say 15 to 30. AND have the site set an "Edited" flag.  More than that is retro-Sanitization.

March 6th, 2018, 7:33 pm #23

I don't know if it's due to my relatively low post count, or if something is going strange here, but I just checked the only post I made after the change, and I don't see any option to edit the post, even under 5 minutes from posting it.

March 6th, 2018, 8:54 pm #24

Ah-hah! Figured out how to put a graphic at the top of the page. I'll have to try and draw up something new this evening, if I have time, or maybe later this week.
Doc.

March 6th, 2018, 11:05 pm #25

Hm. Change. Change is...Worthy of concern. Mostly 'cause I've gone Luddite when it comes to almost anything these days and 2ndly 'cause I've been playing IT InSecurity too long. Seems functional tho. 

March 6th, 2018, 11:30 pm #26

DocsMachine wrote: Kind of an interesting change, so bear with us while we figure out what all these new levers and knobs and "Do Not Push" buttons do. :D

This thread is also for ideas, suggestions, discoveries and other miscellenia.

Avatars, it would seem, have to be just 75x75 pixels, and, apparently, the only option is round. I'll look into maybe bumping that up, or seeing if we can do at least square, but I think that's systemic to Tapatalk.

Any suggestions for color options or backgrounds?

Doc.
I kind of like the current Black, White, Grey, and Blue pallette of the comic page header and background.  If you could match it here, it would feel like part of the same website.

Two requests though:

It would be nice if the was a way to add our location to the username area beside the posts.

And if you have any way to kill the "Install Tapatalk app" popup that keeps coming up on mobile, it would be greatly appreciated!

March 7th, 2018, 2:15 am #27

Oddly, it made me take my N54 login name, rather than my username

March 7th, 2018, 3:45 am #28

DocsMachine wrote: I can edit my already-posted stuff, but that might be because I'm the admin. Do you have a "Reply/Edit/Like" bar at the bottom of your post?

Doc.
All I have is "Reply/Like". You may need to flip a switch in the Admin controls to let the mere mortals( 🦊)edit after posting.

March 7th, 2018, 9:27 pm #29

Hey, I just got my first "you got a response!" e-mail - With the Ad Choices "Sponsored Ads" Spam at the bottom that got around Ad Block Plus because that doesn't monitor e-mail... >_< 

Guess I have to turn off the "Notify me when a response is posted" on everything.  

March 7th, 2018, 10:12 pm #30

Be glad you're not an admin. For the first couple of days, I was getting flooded- I'd get a notification email every time somebody replied to a post, posted a new post, liked a post, registered an account, made changes to that account...

Yes, I recommend going into a control panel and shutting off most of the notifications.

Doc.