Looks like we've finally swapped over to Tapatalk!

March 6th, 2018, 11:26 am #11

Ah ha! Just found it. Click on "full editor and preview" rather than the default quick link box at the bottom of a thread, and there's a button for smilies. 😀

Looks like about the same stuff you get on a smartphone, everything from 🤑 to🍆. Please don't abuse it. 🙂

Doc.

March 6th, 2018, 11:54 am #12

And was instantly attacked by an advert (on Android, chrome browser) claiming I had to install their malware with it blocking the back button.. Had to crash chrome out and come back in... Nice start.... (no Doc. Not you or your fault. Seems tapa talk don't check their ads properly....)
Explosion - from the Latin, 'oh my god, my eyebrows'

March 6th, 2018, 12:16 pm #13

Doesn't look too bad as of yet. Then again, I'm used to Tapatalk's layout.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody

March 6th, 2018, 1:06 pm #14

I like the current color scheme.  The blue-grey-white matches the polar bear theme.

Overall, it looks good.  I don't have much experience with Tapatalk, but everything seems to be converging on one basic layout these days, so I certainly don't feel lost.  I'll customize my account a bit after work.
"Vox populi, vox humbug!"
- William Tecumseh Sherman

March 6th, 2018, 1:09 pm #15

Man, that sudden, "whoah, that's all new!" when you walk into a forum you've not been in before.

This certainly has a more "Forum-like" interface, as opposed to the "Message Board" we'd had before. The white-on-white-with-off-white-and-grey-and-a-touch-of-blue certainly has an arctic feel, I suppose...

Fun thing: apparently, if someone else makes a post while you're typing up a post, it shunts you to a new, "Hey, someone's posted while you were typing a reply. Do you want to edit your reply now?" sort of window.
Interesting, but I can see how that'd only work in really low-traffic areas. It might be impossible to get a word in otherwise on a board that's constantly getting replies.

March 6th, 2018, 1:14 pm #16

DocsMachine wrote: Stand by for experimentation over the next few days. :)

Doc.
That sounds kinda concerning, coming from you :D
JozsefC

March 6th, 2018, 1:17 pm #17

One thing I've noticed after just confirming my registration is that apparently there's no option about not having the cursor automatically active in the post creation field, which in Firefox results in the page automatically going to the bottom, in spite of new posts being up at the top.🙁

March 6th, 2018, 1:22 pm #18

FizzyPEZ wrote:

Doc.
I'm looking forward to it.  I've never seen a flaming forum launched into Low Earth Orbit from a steam catapult before.
"Vox populi, vox humbug!"
- William Tecumseh Sherman

March 6th, 2018, 3:54 pm #19

DannyBeans wrote:
FizzyPEZ wrote:

Doc.
I'm looking forward to it.  I've never seen a flaming forum launched into Low Earth Orbit from a steam catapult before.
The last one I messed around with got launched into the sun, but there were reasons behind that... :)

March 6th, 2018, 4:22 pm #20

jecook wrote:
DannyBeans wrote:
FizzyPEZ wrote:

The last one I messed around with got launched into the sun, but there were reasons behind that... :)
Aw, come on. What's the worst that could happen?
This is a test. Explosions are a happy side effect.