Looks like Sandy is taking steps

Looks like Sandy is taking steps

Eddi
Eddi

September 17th, 2012, 6:19 am #1

She's not going to let it get to the final stage it seems. Factory spec or someone's nose is going in her pencil drawer.

Tobias Amaranth
Tobias Amaranth

September 17th, 2012, 8:09 am #2

Fox Paws <3 (n/t)

PhantomFox
PhantomFox

September 17th, 2012, 9:01 am #3

Speaking of which, shouldn't they be black?

September 17th, 2012, 9:41 am #4

While the typical red fox does in fact tend to have dark-colored "gloves" or "socks", there's quite a bit of variation, just as you'll find in most animals.

Typically, this is a common coloration: (Image stolen at random from the internet.)

That's more or less how I color Swampy, with pretty much solid black hands and feet.

However, it's not uncommon for those "socks" to be much lighter, if not all but absent. Here's another example, stolen at random:

The front legs have a fairly distinct 'sock' (though hard to see due to the grass) while the rears have little or no sock at all.

Both Swampy and Sandy have 'socks', but Swamps are black while Sandy's are the same red as her hair. A stylistic, and of course somewhat cartoony, choice. In the rare scenes where we see Sandy with a skirt or shorts (which hasn't come up in color yet) you'll see I do the same hash lines, indicating she has similar coloring on her legs as on her arms. And in today's strip, you'll see the same thing- her feet are the same darker orange as her hands.

One of these days, I need to finish up the color cast pages... from January. Though admittedly, I'm kinda glad I haven't, as I've already made some minor changes to various characters' colorings and/or patternings, as I've played with the colors in the regular strips.

Doc.

WolfFan
WolfFan

September 17th, 2012, 9:55 am #5

She's not going to let it get to the final stage it seems. Factory spec or someone's nose is going in her pencil drawer.
She's just not thinking ahead. There are times when I look at the traffic on I-95 and wish that I had a cannon. Or rocket-launchers. Or a flamethrower. And it's getting to be That Tim Of Year again, when the snowbirds come down from the far and frozen north, and all of South Florida trembles with fear at the sight of Quebec license plates.

Ketira
Ketira

September 17th, 2012, 11:57 am #6

You know they have to come through the Space Coast first - esp. since the Shuttle Endeavour is leaving KSC tomorrow. (It was supposed to be today, but they have a layover in Houston. Today's weather outlook for Houston isn't good for today.)

If y'all want to see it leave, I suggest you find NASA-TV on YouTube and get up at 0600 EDT to watch it fly off on a 747... unless you're like me and it's part of your Cable package.

Donkey
Donkey

September 18th, 2012, 4:00 am #7

She's just not thinking ahead. There are times when I look at the traffic on I-95 and wish that I had a cannon. Or rocket-launchers. Or a flamethrower. And it's getting to be That Tim Of Year again, when the snowbirds come down from the far and frozen north, and all of South Florida trembles with fear at the sight of Quebec license plates.
The real fun on the I-95 is between NYC and Washington D.C. driving a semi. So many speed bumps so few semis creating said speed bumps.

For you fourwheelers a speed bump is a fourwheeler that stops in front of a semi where the semi does not have time to stop. aka a new speed bump, since that is all that is left of said fourwheeler after the semi plows through the fourwheeler.

With all of the over the top things in Doc's shop I am surprised that there has not been a semi truck that has two 747 jet engines attached to it yet in the strip... Or did I just make the big mistake of giving Doc an idea that he had missed so far?

The Gecko
The Gecko

September 18th, 2012, 8:12 am #8

For the rest of the year, all of Canada trembles at the sight of Quebec plates :)

Robert L Martin
Robert L Martin

September 18th, 2012, 1:14 pm #9

While the typical red fox does in fact tend to have dark-colored "gloves" or "socks", there's quite a bit of variation, just as you'll find in most animals.

Typically, this is a common coloration: (Image stolen at random from the internet.)

That's more or less how I color Swampy, with pretty much solid black hands and feet.

However, it's not uncommon for those "socks" to be much lighter, if not all but absent. Here's another example, stolen at random:

The front legs have a fairly distinct 'sock' (though hard to see due to the grass) while the rears have little or no sock at all.

Both Swampy and Sandy have 'socks', but Swamps are black while Sandy's are the same red as her hair. A stylistic, and of course somewhat cartoony, choice. In the rare scenes where we see Sandy with a skirt or shorts (which hasn't come up in color yet) you'll see I do the same hash lines, indicating she has similar coloring on her legs as on her arms. And in today's strip, you'll see the same thing- her feet are the same darker orange as her hands.

One of these days, I need to finish up the color cast pages... from January. Though admittedly, I'm kinda glad I haven't, as I've already made some minor changes to various characters' colorings and/or patternings, as I've played with the colors in the regular strips.

Doc.
Not that im actually as such looking for more filler but seeing what you have for say Kasi would be nifty.

Robert L Martin
Robert L Martin

September 18th, 2012, 1:15 pm #10

Doc.
Not that im actually as such looking for more filler but seeing what you have for say Kasi would be nifty.