Looking for used or decently priced mil-rep paintball pistols

Looking for used or decently priced mil-rep paintball pistols

Eric
Eric

October 10th, 2011, 3:47 am #1

Anyone know of someone selling military replica or realistic looking paintball pistols. We have a a small group up on the base interested in paintball but we dont want to use full up paint slingers...just something nice and simple. Also the area we would be using needs to be cleaned up after we finish...so a case of paintball splatted all over the area would be too much hassle.

I have never used a paintball pistol before, at all...so I have no idea what to tell them to get. Most of the guys expressed an interest in the military replica or realistic action paintball guns.

Any help on good places to order from and what markers are good choices would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note...does anyone make a paintball revolver??

smorizio
smorizio

October 10th, 2011, 9:59 am #2

there are paintball side arms.most players use them when there playing stock class and they run out of paint and are in the middle of a run and gun.if i was looking for markers for small outlaw ball i looking at the reissue of the Tippmann SL-68 II.
connect a small 4 ounce c02 0or 9 ounce and a small 50 round hopper and you have a nice outlaw marker that going to last for few years with just wiping it down and putting some oil. A paintball pump is going to be a simple as you can get just a pump handle and a valve. on cleaning up after playing stay away from ultra or evil pink paint or pink fill paint.it stain the trees and does not wash off. try asking your local store for white fill paint. it look more like bird poo on a tree then green or orange fill. paintballs will bio degrade on there own. one thing about aoutlaw ball is speak with your town rep or local cop.some town now have laws on the books that you cant fire a paintball marker on land you down own. you dont want the pd to take your new gear on the first day of play. also if you can get the owner ok in writing so that when you start making a lot of nose and the pd roll up you can show them you have the owners ok to be there.

Silcas
Silcas

October 10th, 2011, 3:09 pm #3

Also check out Rap4 paintball or the Tiberius Arms gear for realistic mil sim markers. Pistol wise you could also look at the Tippmann Pistol, nice little clip fed deal.

Then if you really are worried about paint, you could always play with re-balls. They're reusable and don't use paint. Though if you go that route you might as well try Airsoft!

dukie
dukie

October 10th, 2011, 5:21 pm #4

Anyone know of someone selling military replica or realistic looking paintball pistols. We have a a small group up on the base interested in paintball but we dont want to use full up paint slingers...just something nice and simple. Also the area we would be using needs to be cleaned up after we finish...so a case of paintball splatted all over the area would be too much hassle.

I have never used a paintball pistol before, at all...so I have no idea what to tell them to get. Most of the guys expressed an interest in the military replica or realistic action paintball guns.

Any help on good places to order from and what markers are good choices would be greatly appreciated.

You can still find crossman 3357 revolvers, but they are somewhat hard to get front end parts for. They are 50cal but you can now find decent paint again in that size.

I make 68cal revolvers. They are called drv's. Probably more than you are willing to invest but you can find lots more information over on mcarterbrown.com with a simple search.

OmniMech
OmniMech

October 10th, 2011, 6:28 pm #5

Tippmann makes a very decent pistol for just a shade over $200. The TPX runs off 12 grams, but you can get a kit to set it up with a remote adapter. It comes with two 7-round clips, and extra clips are dirt cheap. $30 for two clips.

Tiberius Arms makes a pistol that combines the ammo and 12 gram into the clip, but Ive seen those things in for repair more often than not. If anyone owns a T-arms and wants to tell me why Im wrong, cool. Ive seen them used and they're very impressive...when they work.

There's other pistols out there...the old PGP rock-n-cock markers...the CCI Phantom is small enough that I would call it a 'long pistol'...WarSensor (may or may not still be in existence) made the Zeus G1 and G2's... You may have to do some legwork to find pistols besides the TPX and T-Arms...and I have no idea what you would end up paying for them.

Eric
Eric

October 11th, 2011, 3:50 am #6

That is a big worry for us is the paint. We will be using an old military building that is no longer in use, but is still safe to run around in.

The catch is we need to make sure that we dont use anthing that stains or cant be painted over, cause if they re-open the building we will be the ones to restor the wall paint.

Also the floors are hard material (old school blue tile, plastic or linolium) that shouldn't stain but we want to with a safe brand of paint.

On a side note we do have to leave the guns in the armory, sign them out, notify LE about our presence in the building, sign for the building from the building custodian, have the building custodian inspect the building before use, notify LE when we leave the building, have the building inspected after use, and turn the guns back into the armory after cleaning....process seems excessive but we have no choice.

That is why we want to use simple guns with little to no set up...anything else and we will spend more time setting up and breaking down/restoring to pre use condition than we do playing paintball.

Pneuman
Pneuman

October 11th, 2011, 5:18 pm #7

Do theyt still even make these things? Is it safe to shoot at people?

They were a plastic/rubber re-useable "paintball" that could be gathered up and shot again. This would eliminate your clean up concerns!

Silcas
Silcas

October 11th, 2011, 9:02 pm #8

That is a big worry for us is the paint. We will be using an old military building that is no longer in use, but is still safe to run around in.

The catch is we need to make sure that we dont use anthing that stains or cant be painted over, cause if they re-open the building we will be the ones to restor the wall paint.

Also the floors are hard material (old school blue tile, plastic or linolium) that shouldn't stain but we want to with a safe brand of paint.

On a side note we do have to leave the guns in the armory, sign them out, notify LE about our presence in the building, sign for the building from the building custodian, have the building custodian inspect the building before use, notify LE when we leave the building, have the building inspected after use, and turn the guns back into the armory after cleaning....process seems excessive but we have no choice.

That is why we want to use simple guns with little to no set up...anything else and we will spend more time setting up and breaking down/restoring to pre use condition than we do playing paintball.
Check out Kee's line of Paint. I believe they sell a reball in cases of 2000. Also, if you're looking for a marker that's easy to use/set up/repair/clean, Cheap, and can be stored longer periods of time without issue, You may want to just go and grab some Tippmann 98's.

They'll keep running until a few years after the end of the universe, and might even survive in the hands of Doc & Crew. Be cheaper than buying pistols at the very least.

Barry
Barry

October 11th, 2011, 11:40 pm #9

it's used for law enforcement training.

Eric
Eric

October 12th, 2011, 2:15 am #10

Do theyt still even make these things? Is it safe to shoot at people?

They were a plastic/rubber re-useable "paintball" that could be gathered up and shot again. This would eliminate your clean up concerns!
Airsoft is banned, and that probably covers anything shooting a projectile more serious than a nerf dart

Though the chain fed Nerf gun is quite a bit of fun