Looking for an HPA tank...

Looking for an HPA tank...

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

August 1st, 2012, 6:59 am #1

Do any of the manufacturers make a long, skinny 3K psi aluminum tank? I'm looking for something roughly equivalent to the old 10-ounce tanks from back in the "California Constant Air" days. Doesn't have to be the exact same proportions, but I'd like to get pretty close.

The original 10-ounce tanks were 2" OD and 13" long, and if I could, I'd like to see a pretty close duplicate of that, except 3K psi rated.

Ninja's 13-ci tank is close, but I was looking for something almost twice as long. I don't need a complete tank, like with a reg already attached. I'm also not necessarily looking for a paintball tank. I'm just wondering if anyone knows if one of the manufacturers even makes such a thing, and if so, who would be a good dealer to get one from.

I've already checked the online offerings at both Catalina and Luxfer. Catalina has something close with a 3K tank that's 2" in diameter and 11-1/2" long. Might be my best bet, but I'm curious if anyone knows of another option that's a tad longer, even if it's also slightly bigger in diameter.

And yeah, that's what I'm wanting to do; replicate the old 'California air' look but with modern technology.

Also, if anyone has an original 10-ouncer they could part with, with or without valve, or one of the later and slightly shorter 9-ouncers, I'd be interested in buying it off you. Has to be in good, usable shape, of course, no dings or gouges.

Doc.

zapf
zapf

August 1st, 2012, 7:29 am #2

you're looking for a 22ci/3k tank.

http://www.shop4paintball.com/Guerrilla ... ci3000.htm - has a reg though

guahan
guahan

August 1st, 2012, 10:44 am #3

Do any of the manufacturers make a long, skinny 3K psi aluminum tank? I'm looking for something roughly equivalent to the old 10-ounce tanks from back in the "California Constant Air" days. Doesn't have to be the exact same proportions, but I'd like to get pretty close.

The original 10-ounce tanks were 2" OD and 13" long, and if I could, I'd like to see a pretty close duplicate of that, except 3K psi rated.

Ninja's 13-ci tank is close, but I was looking for something almost twice as long. I don't need a complete tank, like with a reg already attached. I'm also not necessarily looking for a paintball tank. I'm just wondering if anyone knows if one of the manufacturers even makes such a thing, and if so, who would be a good dealer to get one from.

I've already checked the online offerings at both Catalina and Luxfer. Catalina has something close with a 3K tank that's 2" in diameter and 11-1/2" long. Might be my best bet, but I'm curious if anyone knows of another option that's a tad longer, even if it's also slightly bigger in diameter.

And yeah, that's what I'm wanting to do; replicate the old 'California air' look but with modern technology.

Also, if anyone has an original 10-ouncer they could part with, with or without valve, or one of the later and slightly shorter 9-ouncers, I'd be interested in buying it off you. Has to be in good, usable shape, of course, no dings or gouges.

Doc.
I have 2each 3K tanks--2inch diameter at 13.5 inch long; one w/bad reg and one w/working reg..Willing to work out a trade w/ merchandise. Email me

guahan
guahan

August 1st, 2012, 10:50 am #4

Doc.
11.5 inches long correction--late night typo--NT

Silcas
Silcas

August 1st, 2012, 3:38 pm #5

Doc.
Check into the 13ci tanks as well. People are using them more with milsim markers because they hide in the stock.

Quick google search:
http://www.paintball-online.com/Ninja-P ... 13-0X.aspx

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

August 1st, 2012, 9:00 pm #6

I have 2each 3K tanks--2inch diameter at 13.5 inch long; one w/bad reg and one w/working reg..Willing to work out a trade w/ merchandise. Email me
Email sent.

Doc.

Dan Voils
Dan Voils

August 2nd, 2012, 12:38 am #7

If I remember right those are the 22ci ones. n/t

Barry
Barry

August 2nd, 2012, 10:24 pm #8

I'm interested in either one. I also have the 9oz co2 as described.

guahan
guahan

August 3rd, 2012, 5:42 pm #9

Mine are 13ci... n/t