looking for a screw

looking for a screw

Nobody
Nobody

March 25th, 2012, 9:33 am #1

now that i have your attention, i am in search of the name, or the place where to get a specific screw. its a set screw that is smooth except for the head which is threaded that uses an allen key. the threading is about a 1/4 or less of the screw length. i have one, but is sirely too big for my needs as i will need a great number of them(50+) depending on demand. i've been through McMaster-Carr and though i haven't called them yet, i can't find them on the website. i've tried a few different links throughout the site, figuring maybe that they weren't in the one section, but listed someplace else. i figured this is the closet machining type forum i know, i'd ask here.

these will be used to retro fit into B2Ks for the microswtich. i am tired of the roll pins/split pins, and want to remove them from the face of the earth. i've broken too many pin punches and my "roll pin punch" was turned into an S on 2 stubborn roll pins. i hate them and want to drill out the holes, thread the one end and be done with them all.

i do know that i could get a machine shop to cut down the threads of regular set screws, but the cost would be prohibitive towards buying them already made. i just need a link, a name, info on what they are and could go through regular channels for them.

thank you

Evil Monkey
Evil Monkey

March 25th, 2012, 11:22 am #2

And I totally understand what you're looking for. I just wish i knew what direction to send you in... Maybe try emailing haveblue at airsoldier. I vaguely recall dealling with the exact threaded pin you speak of, i just can't remember from what marker.

Le_KiD_Qc
Le_KiD_Qc

March 25th, 2012, 3:37 pm #3

now that i have your attention, i am in search of the name, or the place where to get a specific screw. its a set screw that is smooth except for the head which is threaded that uses an allen key. the threading is about a 1/4 or less of the screw length. i have one, but is sirely too big for my needs as i will need a great number of them(50+) depending on demand. i've been through McMaster-Carr and though i haven't called them yet, i can't find them on the website. i've tried a few different links throughout the site, figuring maybe that they weren't in the one section, but listed someplace else. i figured this is the closet machining type forum i know, i'd ask here.

these will be used to retro fit into B2Ks for the microswtich. i am tired of the roll pins/split pins, and want to remove them from the face of the earth. i've broken too many pin punches and my "roll pin punch" was turned into an S on 2 stubborn roll pins. i hate them and want to drill out the holes, thread the one end and be done with them all.

i do know that i could get a machine shop to cut down the threads of regular set screws, but the cost would be prohibitive towards buying them already made. i just need a link, a name, info on what they are and could go through regular channels for them.

thank you
If I understand your idea correctly, you might have a chance to found what you are looking for in RC store like www.horizonhobby.com

I wasn't able to found the right name to found what I'm looking for, but you can see the screw I think here:http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/in ... o-TRA5153R
or also there:http://www.hpiracing.com/search.php?s=s ... submit.y=0

I hope it help you.

Le_KiD_Qc
French guy in a English world!

jkeyser14
jkeyser14

March 25th, 2012, 3:45 pm #4

thank you
I knew exactly what you were looking for. I had some of those screws on one of my markers, I just can't remember if it was on an early generation (pre-Dye) matrix or if it was a SFT shocker.

jkeyser14
jkeyser14

March 25th, 2012, 3:56 pm #5

Barry
Barry

March 25th, 2012, 5:14 pm #6

thank you
2 dog point set screws to hold in solid roll pin. Polished down to a slip fit.

Goldie
Goldie

March 25th, 2012, 6:25 pm #7

thank you
I don't remember the size but i found some screws the were just big enough to self tap into the existing hole. The wee a pan head but small enough that the gross would c
over then, or you can countersink the head a bit.

Nobody
Nobody

March 25th, 2012, 7:06 pm #8

2 dog point set screws to hold in solid roll pin. Polished down to a slip fit.
i've done the solid pin, in a couple of guns, and that does work. if the holes are tight enough, i don't need a set screw on the one end to hold it in.

if i can find out where the screw i'm looking for is, it accomplishes both that; the threaded end secures it, while the rod is holding everything to the frame.

Nobody
Nobody

March 25th, 2012, 7:10 pm #9

that is showing exactly what i am describing. i don't know if that screw can be used, size wise(i am not a machinist, just general stuff) and, i really don't want to use SP items as i still harbor a huge resentment towards the Gardners and what they have done to paintball. stupid, inane, and overblown, but the hate keeps me warm at times. it is an option though, and since i have picked up a freak kit, my words are lessening against actions and needs.

Nobody
Nobody

March 25th, 2012, 7:15 pm #10

And I totally understand what you're looking for. I just wish i knew what direction to send you in... Maybe try emailing haveblue at airsoldier. I vaguely recall dealling with the exact threaded pin you speak of, i just can't remember from what marker.
but i think i'll try to call McMaster-Carr first. nothing against Have Blue(talked to him and ordered from him many a time), but since i'm going right to the distributor of over 400,000 products, they should have someone there that understands the screw i'm looking for and direct me where i'm going to get it. granted this is a paintball application, but its not like these where screws that where only made for paintball.