Lathe accidents / goofing around

Lathe accidents / goofing around

IDN
IDN

October 13th, 2011, 3:35 am #1

Some kids messing with a lathe, I thought What an odd thing to do, what the hell is he adjusting that requires him to put his leg up there?
Ok I see now, He was seeing if he could "hold" the chuck still while some one turns it on.

http://www.break.com/index/guy-gets-his ... ne-1963076

This could of been one of the most gruesome leg snapping videos ever made, Their stupidity almost makes think the guy would of deserved it. just 1.5 seconds of rotation more...

TC
TC

October 13th, 2011, 3:41 am #2

Wow...just wow.

I wonder, did the machine physically throw him over the bedway, or did he have the presence of mind to dive over to save his leg?

MephitMark
MephitMark

October 13th, 2011, 4:29 am #3

But still it boggles the mind to the level that some people manage to do stupid acts. Sort of like wallstreeters thinking that no one will care, or catch them.

IDN
IDN

October 13th, 2011, 4:45 am #4

steel

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

October 13th, 2011, 5:12 am #5

But still it boggles the mind to the level that some people manage to do stupid acts. Sort of like wallstreeters thinking that no one will care, or catch them.
... Going to work? Giving people mortgages? Helping organize a new company's IPO?

Doc.

CTPatt
CTPatt

October 13th, 2011, 10:00 am #6

I think he's referring mainly to financial executives maxing out short-term profit to give themselves gold-plated pensions while not caring about the long-term impact it has on the rest of the world.

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

October 13th, 2011, 10:41 am #7

...Joining the Obama Administration after working for Goldman-Sachs?
...Shipping half a billion dollars of taxpayer money to fraudulent solar-power companies that happen to be major DNC/Obama donors?

That sort of thing?
No?

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

October 13th, 2011, 10:43 am #8

I think he's referring mainly to financial executives maxing out short-term profit to give themselves gold-plated pensions while not caring about the long-term impact it has on the rest of the world.
... But what do they have to worry about being "caught" at?

Doc.

secretweaponevan
secretweaponevan

October 14th, 2011, 3:08 am #9

...following the CRA?

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

October 14th, 2011, 3:18 am #10

... But what do they have to worry about being "caught" at?

Doc.
Saracasm intended.

These guys on wall street are making alot of money, and most of it is made using legal methods. And to be honest, if you gave people the choice between getting 10 million dollars for themselves or giving that 10 million back to where they work...most people would take the 10 million and run.

And before you say it...just because the guy already has 100 million dollars in the bank doesnt make him wrong for taking another 10 million, if the company is willing to hand it to him.