Is there where you need a Doc Signal?

8:46 PM - Oct 09, 2018 #1

From BOM this evening...

It's no good, our little Taig mill is just too damn small. We're just going to have to build our own 4 axis mill turn machining centre. Not right now though, got a mini to finish.

Sounds like they need a Doc.. ;)

Chloe

8:25 AM - Oct 14, 2018 #2

On patreon? (assuming you're talking about the Project Binky BOM)

3:11 PM - Oct 14, 2018 #3

WolfenTech wrote: On patreon? (assuming you're talking about the Project Binky BOM)
No, it's from their twitter.

6:56 PM - Oct 14, 2018 #4

ChloeRed wrote:It's no good, our little Taig mill is just too damn small. We're just going to have to build our own 4 axis mill turn machining centre. Not right now though, got a mini to finish.
-As much as I'd love to see a BOM build-a-mill project, in this case I think they'd be better served by buying something commercial, and saving their time and energy for their automotive pursuits. Building your own milling machine of any decent accuracy, speed and power is a pretty deep rabbit hole, and there's almost always trade-offs. Add the extra features to compensate for the trade-offs, and you're spending more time and as often as not, as much as it'd cost to just buy a commercial unit.

Doc.

6:58 PM - Oct 14, 2018 #5

And besides, I seem to recall hints of other car builds waiting- there was a hint of a Lancia logo, for example. 😁

Doc.

7:08 PM - Oct 14, 2018 #6

DocsMachine wrote:
-As much as I'd love to see a BOM build-a-mill project, in this case I think they'd be better served by buying something commercial,
Yeap, Hence I feel they need a Doc-Signal.. for the comic version, of course...
I'm sure Doc would be carrying a spare mill somewhere... ;)

Chloe

8:49 PM - Oct 14, 2018 #7

Hey, if I were closer, I'd be over there every day helping out, even if it were behind the scenes.

Of course, most of the time it'd be like "How did you get back in here?!?" and "Next time we call the police!", but hey, at least I'd be helping. 😁

Slightly more seriously, every time I see them working that sloppy little Myford lathe, I keep wishing I was rich and could send them a nice new Precision Mathews or a 12x32 Jet or Grizzly import or something. 😋

Doc.