Invert Mini

Invert Mini

November 14th, 2017, 2:01 am #1

Could anyone offer a possible diagnosis on a early invert mini venting air through the trigger when it fires? I don't have it right now but I will by Saturday.

November 14th, 2017, 11:17 am #2

he a pmi teck/seller of those guns for a long long time he should be able to tell you in a quick email what to look for.

November 14th, 2017, 11:56 am #3

I'll do that. Thank you.

November 15th, 2017, 3:42 am #4

Could anyone offer a possible diagnosis on a early invert mini venting air through the trigger when it fires? I don't have it right now but I will by Saturday.
If the marker isn't leaking continuously, but rather there's only a burst of air from the frame when it fires, then it may very well be normal operation. I say this because Minis have a small vent hole located right above the trigger which puffs air when the bolt moves.
So the problem may not be anything to worry about, depending on the exact type of leak. As with any marker, a continuous leak is bad, but often little bursts of air here and there aren't much to worry about unless you find that performance is really suffering.

November 15th, 2017, 4:15 am #5

I get what you are saying and I have heard about that. However, that's not what this is. This is blowing air hard enough to move leaves under me, and I had my trigger hand covered in oring oil whenever I fired it. That's just not it.

November 15th, 2017, 10:22 am #6

I'm afraid I don't have a great deal of direct experience with the Mini. I've had a couple through the shop, but generally for either routine clean-and-lubes or to have something like a custom trigger fitted. I just don't have a lot of experience troubleshooting them.

But I know there's more than a few other techs out there that do, and there's loads of videos and tutorials. Helps is out there somewhere.

Doc.

November 15th, 2017, 8:22 pm #7

I get what you are saying and I have heard about that. However, that's not what this is. This is blowing air hard enough to move leaves under me, and I had my trigger hand covered in oring oil whenever I fired it. That's just not it.
If it's a matter of TOO MUCH air puffing from the trigger, it means there's an internal leak that's only occurring when the marker fires. Essentially the only way to diagnose that type of thing is to swap parts until the issue is eliminated, since it's tricky to diagnose things that only show up some of the time.

In this case the two spots to check would be the bolt tip's seal, which depends on the type of bolt. The factory bolts use a molded rubber tip which is supposed to seal with the front of the barrel during firing. It may have worn out or otherwise needs replacing. However if there's an aftermarket bolt (of which there are about a half dozen) you'll have to track down whatever the manufacturer uses for a tip seal. Some use just a standard o-ring, which is easy to get, but others may use a proprietary seal that you could only get from the manufacturer.

The other possible cause would be the bolt's two outer o-rings. Those are standard size o-rings so you could try replacing them with new ones. The factory bolt uses a pair of 17/70 o-rings, although again some aftermarket bolts uses different ones.

Although having said all that, I would reiterate that if you can't notice an actual quantifiable decrease in performance then the problem would really be something to ignore. If you're getting like 300 less shots per air fill because of the issue then I would want to fix it myself as well. But if there's no adverse issues caused by the air burst then there's really nothing to bother with. Like I said there will always be a puff of air at that location even under normal conditions, so it may be something to live with. if you're unable to find any reason to care about it in the end

November 15th, 2017, 10:40 pm #8

Thank you, that hellos narrow things down alot.I'm fairly certain that the bolt is stock. Also, I only got through one hopper before the tank was unusable, so take from that what you will.