I wonder if Doc is all right

I wonder if Doc is all right

The_Islander
The_Islander

September 4th, 2012, 1:09 am #1

He uses to at warm our hearts with some "TWB: Scraps", fillers, sketch or leave a note when he's busy.

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

September 4th, 2012, 6:06 am #2

Sorry ladies and gents, had kind of a minor 'prefect storm'. The site was down for a good chunk of the weekend- I don't know why- and was still down when I went to bed Sunday night.

And bright and early on Monday, I had to roll out of bed and jump right to work. There's a couple of parts a local shop needs bright and early Tuesday morning, so I had no time to dally.

Unfortunately I don't get paid overtime or holiday pay, but hey, at least I get paid.

I've still got some paperwork and invoicing to do, but I should be able to have something up tonight. As always, sorry about that, and thanks for your patience.

Doc.

Torinir
Torinir

September 4th, 2012, 9:53 am #3

Pay is always good. :) n/t

Chloe
Chloe

September 4th, 2012, 12:56 pm #4

Every now and then people pay me, and I buy stuff when I can off Doc

Ketira
Ketira

September 4th, 2012, 1:56 pm #5

Sorry ladies and gents, had kind of a minor 'prefect storm'. The site was down for a good chunk of the weekend- I don't know why- and was still down when I went to bed Sunday night.

And bright and early on Monday, I had to roll out of bed and jump right to work. There's a couple of parts a local shop needs bright and early Tuesday morning, so I had no time to dally.

Unfortunately I don't get paid overtime or holiday pay, but hey, at least I get paid.

I've still got some paperwork and invoicing to do, but I should be able to have something up tonight. As always, sorry about that, and thanks for your patience.

Doc.
That's what my eldest bro did when Issac came over the Florida Keys: he went to work for 24 hours, keeping planes out of the area. (He's a regional ATC, not one of those folks in the airport towers.) He did make sure his house was secure & had his ex take care of their kids during that time, but all in all, Miami only got soaked and not swamped.

...and I know you get paid; my parents had their own dive shop/boutique (Dad ran the diving end of things, Mom ran the boutique ), and being incorporated meant they could pay themselves out of the profits. This is why I'm patient with the comic; I know that work comes before fun sometimes. : \

Kitkun
Kitkun

September 4th, 2012, 8:49 pm #6

Doc.
... you should call for a pizza.

Vulpis
Vulpis

September 4th, 2012, 10:22 pm #7

Doc.
I had a few witty ideas in mind...but I think the I'll let the evidence stand for itself, Doc.

eddi
eddi

September 5th, 2012, 12:32 am #8

Now I've got "Stayin' Alive" running in my back brain.

Rocket T. Coyote
Rocket T. Coyote

September 5th, 2012, 1:34 am #9

Doc.
He discovered $0.47 in change under Sandy's desk...and a Crunch Berry.

smorizio
smorizio

September 5th, 2012, 3:46 am #10

how do they fix it???