Fresh meat!

Fresh meat!

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

September 9th, 2012, 7:31 am #1

This guy came wandering through the back yard this afternoon...

Fresh meat, on the hoof. 'Cept F&G would get a tad annoyed if I popped 'im and quietly turned 'im into a freezerful of easy-to-handle 2-pound packages.

I did kind of annoy him with the camera though- every time I hit the shutter, he'd look up, wondering what I was.

Doc.

MarkT
MarkT

September 9th, 2012, 8:11 am #2

Obviously he was there with evil intent.

MephitMark
MephitMark

September 9th, 2012, 2:03 pm #3

Oh what was it just a month ago? I remember on the local Television news, a gent in northwestern Minnesota was, well, assaulted by a deer (got a pair a black eyes at that), in his backyard. He then took a gun and shot it.

Though I'm not sure Mr. Nickel wants to risk getting either kicked or raked by the antlers to 'prove' the assault part.

isuckatmoney
isuckatmoney

September 9th, 2012, 3:02 pm #4

thiN ouT the herds. . .

Attic Rat
Attic Rat

September 9th, 2012, 5:45 pm #5

Fresh meat, on the hoof. 'Cept F&G would get a tad annoyed if I popped 'im and quietly turned 'im into a freezerful of easy-to-handle 2-pound packages.

I did kind of annoy him with the camera though- every time I hit the shutter, he'd look up, wondering what I was.

Doc.
There's a small herd wandering around an area including my sister's property, too. She's having a terrible time raising garden vegetables, or decorative shrubs, or pretty much anything else. Those critters aren't picky eaters.

jwhouk
jwhouk

September 10th, 2012, 4:15 am #6

Doc.
Something I see on my way to work every day. I have actually named the curve where there is an elk farm by my workplace "Elk Butt Curve", because every morning on my way home, I see them grazing in the field - with their butts all facing towards the road.

Torinir
Torinir

September 10th, 2012, 7:25 am #7

Doc.
People Eating Tasty Animals would approve of your repackaging plans. :P

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

September 10th, 2012, 7:38 am #8

Something I see on my way to work every day. I have actually named the curve where there is an elk farm by my workplace "Elk Butt Curve", because every morning on my way home, I see them grazing in the field - with their butts all facing towards the road.
Elk do not have the little "Shovels" on the front of their horns.

Irregular Logic
Irregular Logic

September 10th, 2012, 7:47 am #9

There's a small herd wandering around an area including my sister's property, too. She's having a terrible time raising garden vegetables, or decorative shrubs, or pretty much anything else. Those critters aren't picky eaters.
Fences in our area have to be eight feet tall to keep the buggers out, but that's only if they don't feel like calling the brutes in the heard up to push the fence over like bulldozers.

If there is a unguarded hay stack anywhere, word spreads quickly and you will quickly have 40 head show up to destroy it.

...Møøse!
...Møøse!

September 10th, 2012, 8:14 am #10

Elk do not have the little "Shovels" on the front of their horns.
A Møøse once bit my sister...