GerbilGod7
GerbilGod7

July 22nd, 2011, 6:42 am #1

I thought you guys might get a kick out of this article. Especially #16 0_0

http://dvice.com/archives/2011/07/20-incredible-t.php

Wolf
Wolf

July 22nd, 2011, 1:24 pm #2

as of Yesterday the U.S. Space Program. The envy of the World. The Zenith of Scientific achievements. A Space Program that had an Unforeseeable ending, and a Broad furture. Has ended.

No with a Bang, but with a soft smooth wimper...

Renegade_Azzy
Renegade_Azzy

July 22nd, 2011, 2:31 pm #3

Its hard to justify the trip to California from NY, if you have worry about just trying to pay the guy who is bringing around the car.

defiancecp
defiancecp

July 22nd, 2011, 3:34 pm #4

Just for one example. We throw massive amounts of money at so many idiotic things, to throw away our space program while maintaining some of those more idiotic expenditures is beyond sad.

Renegade_Azzy
Renegade_Azzy

July 22nd, 2011, 3:48 pm #5

For the most part, we shouldn't be spending on the space program. let business develop it. Think of if we just let the US gov develop the cellular network.... ugg.

Nighthawke
Nighthawke

July 22nd, 2011, 4:38 pm #6

I thought you guys might get a kick out of this article. Especially #16 0_0

http://dvice.com/archives/2011/07/20-incredible-t.php
The ISS crew took a pic of Atlantis' reentry and it's something to behold.

defiancecp
defiancecp

July 22nd, 2011, 5:55 pm #7

For the most part, we shouldn't be spending on the space program. let business develop it. Think of if we just let the US gov develop the cellular network.... ugg.
That all comes down to profit... I believe there is solid economic opportunity in space, but what I'm not sure of is whether it's obtainable in a timescale that makes sense for a business.

I guess we're going that way whether I like it or not, though, so I hope you're right!

FireFrenzy
FireFrenzy

July 23rd, 2011, 5:30 pm #8

The ISS crew took a pic of Atlantis' reentry and it's something to behold.

but its even cooler for being "IRL"

Vulpis
Vulpis

July 24th, 2011, 7:04 pm #9

...that a more than a view 'innovations' that we take for granted are spinoffs of either military research or the space program. Food storage, for example..

Renegade_Azzy
Renegade_Azzy

July 25th, 2011, 1:14 pm #10

I know some of the preservative and freeze dried bits came along like that, sort of, but we had all that tech for hundreds of years before.