9:38 PM - Aug 08, 2018 #11

Beejay5169 wrote:
(Slightly - but not completely - OT, I often wondered if Terry Jones had nose plugs inserted for this sketch. )
No, he did not -- however: That sketch was always performed immediately prior to Intermission, for obvious reasons. :)
CF

"The right tool for the right job." [Anon.]
"Any tool can be the Right Tool." [Red Green]

9:52 PM - Aug 08, 2018 #12

Beejay5169 wrote: An 8" aluminium foil pie dish with an inch of white, low density plastic foam foam in the bottom, and a not-too-thick layer of shaving cream on top simulates an edible missile without wasting actual tasty calories or injecting too large a quantity of cream in the target's nasal orifices....
I've made shaving cream pies for school carnivals (pie your favorite/least favorite teacher stands were popular) and while the targets wore goggles, I always worried about them getting shaving cream up their nose. Doing it your way would have made that less likely. Thanks!
If it ain't broke, I'll fix it!

10:35 PM - Aug 08, 2018 #13

hinermad wrote: Maybe with a little transmitter than can activate a remote speaker placed nearby? Like one that shouts "Hey!" from behind the hapless victim?

Much as I'd like one that throws pies, I'm morally unable to waste food like that. Well, unable to waste pie like that.
Got invited to a birthday party and to "Bring a Pie." So I got a good Marie Callendars Banana Creme Pie - the eating kind, not the splutting kind. Brought a big ice chest and kept it chilled all day in the car. 

Little did I know...  "I demand you hit me with it!"   "NO - You should have mentioned that before." 

Making a gag pie is easy, just ask Soupy Sales, he went through hundreds.  Wrecking a really good pie is hard.  I'm gonna hate myself if I do it...  I dood it. 

12:22 AM - Aug 09, 2018 #14

Watch the old Three Stooges they used fruit pies, none of this meringue sissyfied stuff.

1:10 AM - Aug 09, 2018 #15

We're on the verge of Pumpkin Spice season... there's still room for one horrible, horrible twist.

2:08 AM - Aug 09, 2018 #16

2:34 AM - Aug 09, 2018 #17

hinermad wrote: Maybe with a little transmitter than can activate a remote speaker placed nearby? Like one that shouts "Hey!" from behind the hapless victim?

Much as I'd like one that throws pies, I'm morally unable to waste food like that. Well, unable to waste pie like that.
How about one that shoots a blast of air? I've run afoul of those in many Halloween "haunted houses."
Love thou the rose, yet leave it on its stem. -- Edward Bulwer-Lytton

7:05 AM - Aug 09, 2018 #18

PoisonOakMagnet wrote: Jinx is in for a long, dull existence by resisting any urge to press the button.
Emphasis on 'long'. And he seems to get up to enough interesting shenanigans without needing buttons.

7:07 AM - Aug 09, 2018 #19

Antknot wrote: Watch the old Three Stooges they used fruit pies, none of this meringue sissyfied stuff.
The last real pie fight was in The Great Race.

7:12 AM - Aug 09, 2018 #20

PoisonOakMagnet wrote: We're on the verge of Pumpkin Spice season... there's still room for one horrible, horrible twist.
You just HAD to invoke Pumpkin Spice didn't you? And I've got to get an oil change soon.