Enter Roger, Stage Left, Upside down n/t

October 3rd, 2017, 12:19 pm #1

October 3rd, 2017, 1:51 pm #2

Roger discovers Simon does have a break point regarding Hyundai insults...

October 3rd, 2017, 3:47 pm #3

Apparently Raccoon Boy has annoyed somebody. Doc has an alibi, for once. So... Simon? Gino? Roger's long-suffering, never named wife? Drax, who mistook Roger for Rocket?
Love thou the rose, yet leave it on its stem. -- Edward Bulwer-Lytton

October 3rd, 2017, 4:11 pm #4

Nice pattern on that shattered glass. How'd you manage that?
Love thou the rose, yet leave it on its stem. -- Edward Bulwer-Lytton

October 3rd, 2017, 5:18 pm #5

A piece flew off of one of the machines Doc was working on and it punched a hole in the screen of an old CRT monitor. Doc liked the resulting pattern and photographed it, and has finally found a use for it.
If it ain't broke, I'll fix it!

October 3rd, 2017, 6:55 pm #6

Roger discovers Simon does have a break point regarding Hyundai insults...
I have owned three Hyundai's since 1998 two accents and a Elantra and they are fine cars!

First Accent died after it had almost 300,000 miles. I used it for pizza delivery for something like 7 years. Pizza delivery is really hard on cars because of the great deal numbers of very short trips all day long. For years I would put in better than 12 hour days six days a week in two different restraints, one where I would open restraint and the other where I would close the restraint.

Second Accent 2004 was towed by the city after having well over 150,000 miles on it. It was cheaper to let it go than to pay the impound fees. I use the car to pull a 4' by 8' trailer all over the place. I have pulled the trailer up and over mountains with the trailer full of furniture moving from southern California to northern California and then again from northern California to teaxas. It was a damn good car! I was sorry to see it gone.

I now have my 2015 Hyundai Elantra and its doing well taking the place as my towing car of my trailer. I have used the trailer for construction material and farming supplies. Its just a hard working truck for being a passenger car pulling a trailer.

If Simon did not put Roger through the window for insulting Hyundai's I would!

October 3rd, 2017, 9:58 pm #7

She wishes she still had the Sonata cause the current Elantra is a POS compared to it & the first Elantra.

October 4th, 2017, 5:03 am #8

Did he jump, or fall, or was he thrown thru the window???

Bear in mind that Doc's office is actually upstairs, as Jinx used the dumb-waiter to go up there once.

(See the earlier Patreon pages for a further hint about what's happening.....)
Breakfast.com halted. Cereal port not ready.

October 4th, 2017, 6:10 am #9

This is why Doc refuses to make a nailed down floorplan - when they're breaking the glass and flying in on a sled, or blasting snow in the window with the V-8 powered snowblower, it's downstairs...

Otherwise it's upstairs where the view is better and ostensibly has the breakroom or kitchen underneath - the other end of the desk dumbwaiter Jinx fits in. Which could be on the first floor just as easily as the Basement. Heck it could be 2 or 3 floors or basement levels down, there are several levels of Basement.

We really should relax, It's Only a Comic Strip....

October 4th, 2017, 6:30 am #10

The office has always been on the second floor, ever since the last rebuild (IE, after the fridge-monster-in-the-basement storyline.)

The but with the kids sledding in through the window and using the V8 snowblower were gags- IE, the snow was deep enough to reach the second story. (Which isn't much of an exaggeration- I've personally seen 8 feet of snow accumulate in a winter, and there's places, like Valdez and Girdwood, where they've gotten 10, 12 and even 16 feet. The record in Valdez is something like just short of 600 inches (!!) in one season.)

Note that one gag in that winter storyline had Sandy walking upstairs to Doc's office, only to see Swampy walking by the window with the snowblower.

I might not have details like exactly where the breakroom is, or the precise layout of the upstairs area, but things like some rooms being upstairs, some being downstairs, and others being on the main floor, are actually pretty consistent.

Doc.