Doc these posters still available?

Doc these posters still available?

December 31st, 2017, 4:51 pm #1

http://praok.com/posters/

I have a friend opening a small field with a proshop and he's wanting a set or 2.
Dan

December 31st, 2017, 6:30 pm #2

Not that interested in posters of markers, but some character posters would be good. Postcards would be nice, too. Then there are greeting cards. If you make them so they fit #10 business envelopes, you don't have to worry about buying the weird shaped envelopes.

I'll shut up now.
Love thou the rose, yet leave it on its stem. -- Edward Bulwer-Lytton

December 31st, 2017, 9:50 pm #3

http://praok.com/posters/

I have a friend opening a small field with a proshop and he's wanting a set or 2.
Dan
Actually, since about a month after yu posted that page, I'm not sure I've sold as many as two sets. I still have thousands of the Motivationals, and probably just under a thousand of the X-rays.

Doc.

December 31st, 2017, 10:12 pm #4

Not that interested in posters of markers, but some character posters would be good. Postcards would be nice, too. Then there are greeting cards. If you make them so they fit #10 business envelopes, you don't have to worry about buying the weird shaped envelopes.

I'll shut up now.
As noted below, I'm already planning greeting cards- mostly Christmas/Holiday season, but I've always wanted to do some paintball-themed birthday cards.

Hadn't thought of postcards, does... anybody still even use those?

As for posters, no, probably not. First and foremost, I can't print those in-house. I can only go as large as 11" x 17" on one of the two machines.

Second, the Motivational and X-ray posters proved to me years ago that nobody puts up posters anymore. Yeah, arguably the X-rays are pretty specialized, and at this point, all of them are basically "antique" guns now despite having been cutting edge back when I produced them.

But the motivational style I always thought was a lot more wide interest to paintballers, but I can hardly give those away. I can't recall exactly how many I ordered back in the day (4,000?) but that was back in like 2006, and I'm not even a third of the way through the first of two boxes of each!

Posters of the TWB crew would be worse still- while there's millions of paintballers, there's only a bare few thousand TWB fans, of whom only a handful would want a poster. And the only way to print that few posters is to basically have it done as a photograph- ,a href="http://docsshop.storenvy.com/collection ... int">which we tried.

We had ten of those posters printed up back in 2010, and had them printed on "Chromaprint" paper, which gives them a cool metallic sheen. As I recall they cost US almost $40 apiece to print, and I don't think I've sold a single one.

And I'll bet I put 40 hours into that artwork, plus the time the print guy spent formatting it into the poster and adding the fireball background.

Besides all that, getting back to the point I made earlier in the week, I am still, as always, limited on time. I already suspect that just the books are going to prove a handful to get out on a reasonable time frame, and anything else much above that- especially stuff that requires significant new or additional artwork, will just be that much more of a problem.

Doc.

January 1st, 2018, 7:31 pm #5

But yes, people still use postcards. Sometimes, they even mail them. I used to make Christmas postcards and mail them instead of regular Christmas cards. Cheaper postage, plus no envelopes to worry about. (And I used to decorate my cubicle with postcards.) I'd also think they'd be easier and cheaper to make than cards that fold over.

I like 11 X 17 posters. I have an easier time finding wall space for small posters. Not to mention that it's easier for me to handle smaller posters.

Yeah, but I can see that it might not be worth your limited time to print them up. Too bad. Glad you have lots of work, though!
Love thou the rose, yet leave it on its stem. -- Edward Bulwer-Lytton