July 5th, 2018, 10:12 am #11

A former friend of mine had told me years ago of something that happened when he was in high school (in the mid- to late 1980s). One of his classmates had apparently managed to make a test tube's worth of NITROGLYCERIN at home and brought it to school on the bus (!!!). He proudly presented the test tube to his chemistry teacher, who promptly confiscated it, and set it on the windowsill with a wick so the contents could slowly drip out of the tube. For the rest of the day, everyone was treated to a loud "PFFT" sound every few minutes as the nitroglycerin dripped out of the tube.

Can you imagine the field day today's media would have with such an incident?

July 5th, 2018, 12:20 pm #12

Beejay5169 wrote:Try 1 ton barrels of Sodium war surplus, rolled into a lake for entertainment value...
Did you read the comments afterward?  I am always amazed that handicapped trolls that cannot read or hear (as evidenced by their comment) have the ability to operate a computer and type a comment.

July 5th, 2018, 1:42 pm #13

Give enough monkeys enough typewriters......
Breakfast.com halted. Cereal port not ready.

July 5th, 2018, 4:44 pm #14

GladMech wrote:
Beejay5169 wrote:Try 1 ton barrels of Sodium war surplus, rolled into a lake for entertainment value...
Did you read the comments afterward?  I am always amazed that handicapped trolls that cannot read or hear (as evidenced by their comment) have the ability to operate a computer and type a comment.
Rule #1 of watching YouTube: Do Not Read The Comments. (more or less)

July 6th, 2018, 11:51 am #15

The #1 of the internet: do not read comments on heavily trafficked sites, period.