Doc's Dew Containment failed.

Doc's Dew Containment failed.

April 10th, 2017, 9:07 pm #1

Pepsi mops up 'unusual' Mountain Dew spill at Howell bottling plant

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/m ... 55ff7ce685

I pretty much read that as "Doc's Dew containment was breached again. Hazmat called to help contain the radio active waste."

April 11th, 2017, 4:26 am #2

It is hazardous to those who haven't build up an extreme tolerance to caffeine, yes, but it's only dangerous on physical contact.

Admittedly, for those with weaker constitutions, just skin contact could be hazardous, but lead shielding isn't required. Doc just opted for efficiency and lead lined the entire facility.

April 11th, 2017, 12:36 pm #3

Any sodas concentrated syrup is required by international law to be treated as a hazardous material.

Now as for Doc's Dew I think even fully deluded its a highly corrosive material.

April 11th, 2017, 12:39 pm #4

It is hazardous to those who haven't build up an extreme tolerance to caffeine, yes, but it's only dangerous on physical contact.

Admittedly, for those with weaker constitutions, just skin contact could be hazardous, but lead shielding isn't required. Doc just opted for efficiency and lead lined the entire facility.

April 11th, 2017, 12:41 pm #5

Any sodas concentrated syrup is required by international law to be treated as a hazardous material.

Now as for Doc's Dew I think even fully deluded its a highly corrosive material.
Doc's Dew handles the whole inconvenient corpse.

April 11th, 2017, 1:21 pm #6

The product may not be radioactive, but some of the processing equipment might be.

A company where I used to live made high speed paper thickness gauges for the cigarette industry. They used a non-contact method that involved shining radiation from a calibrated source through the paper, and a detector on the other side measured the attenuation and computed the thickness.
If it ain't broke, I'll fix it!

April 11th, 2017, 6:40 pm #7

Doc's Dew handles the whole inconvenient corpse.
And the floor, and probably most of the building?

April 12th, 2017, 3:09 pm #8

... but Chlorine TriFluoride, that's another thing entirely. (link)

(Yeah, that link's been around here more than a couple times, but it still amusing as all get out.)

April 12th, 2017, 7:10 pm #9

I have a copy of Ignition!
I know the best distance to be from CIF3 is the other side of the planet

April 13th, 2017, 6:00 am #10

... aaaand apparently the URL got eaten, or I might have just failed to put it in; work was... screwy today.

http://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/ar ... _this_time