Did he just...

Did he just...

October 27th, 2017, 4:00 pm #1

Abandon Jinx? That doesn't seem like Roger.

October 27th, 2017, 4:51 pm #2

He's being pragmatic about this. Prying Jinx out of that suit would probably take ages, and then he'd have to deal with any potential injuries. By the time he's done that, the robots would've probably already vaporized him. So he's doing the next best thing - finding a way to stop the robots so he can come back to help Jinx without getting himself killed.

October 27th, 2017, 5:00 pm #3

It appears that the robots are fixated on taking down Roger, and doesn't have any interest for anyone or anything that doesn't get in their way. So what we know at the moment is that Jinx in the power armor / mech, and that is seems to be disabled. We do not know if Jinx is wounded or to what degree if he is. From what we've seen the robots will follow Roger and ignore Jinx as long as he stays put.

October 27th, 2017, 5:07 pm #4

Unless Roger is running for a time machine so he can reverse the past hour or so and none of this will have happened.

I agree that leading the robots away from Jinx is the best thing that Roger can do at that moment.
Love thou the rose, yet leave it on its stem. -- Edward Bulwer-Lytton

October 27th, 2017, 6:15 pm #5

It occurred to me this could be a holodeck simulation Roger is running. If that's the case I'm going to be very annoyed. Relieved for Jinx's sake, but very annoyed. Dream sequences are so 1986.
If it ain't broke, I'll fix it!

October 27th, 2017, 11:01 pm #6

... weren't there energy beams going into the air in the background of Doc and Cara's dinner date?

(*Some*day I'll sign up on the patreon page ... )

October 27th, 2017, 11:02 pm #7

It occurred to me this could be a holodeck simulation Roger is running. If that's the case I'm going to be very annoyed. Relieved for Jinx's sake, but very annoyed. Dream sequences are so 1986.
... weren't there energy beams going into the air in the background of Doc and Cara's dinner date?

(*Some*day I'll sign up on the patreon page ... )

October 28th, 2017, 12:16 am #8

Time loop there, or glitch in the matrix? (n/t)

October 28th, 2017, 1:47 pm #9

It appears that the robots are fixated on taking down Roger, and doesn't have any interest for anyone or anything that doesn't get in their way. So what we know at the moment is that Jinx in the power armor / mech, and that is seems to be disabled. We do not know if Jinx is wounded or to what degree if he is. From what we've seen the robots will follow Roger and ignore Jinx as long as he stays put.
And given how they ignored Jinx earlier, they probably won't go after anything they don't see as an immediate threat. So now that Jinx counts as "neutralized," they're going to continue pursuing Roger unless or until he shuts them down or reprograms them.