Custom mini-gauges?

Custom mini-gauges?

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

August 20th, 2012, 11:51 am #1

Who makes those miniature pressure gauges everyone uses? I've been looking around at the various manufacturers, but nobody seems to list them- at least online.

And I see a bunch of dealers, like Bob Long, 32 Degrees and Palmers, have their name or logo on the face. Anyone know who makes those?

Thanks.
Doc.

Squirlly
Squirlly

August 20th, 2012, 12:34 pm #2

My new Ninja tank came with a 6000 psi gauge that is about the size of a dime, if that's what your looking for.

-Tim

Renegade_Azzy
Renegade_Azzy

August 20th, 2012, 1:36 pm #3

I think Doc is looking who makes them for Ninja too.. most of those parts we use in paintball are not made by a paintball company, just repackaged and usually marked up quite handsomely. Oils / greases come to mind.

Russ Kepler
Russ Kepler

August 20th, 2012, 2:02 pm #4

Who makes those miniature pressure gauges everyone uses? I've been looking around at the various manufacturers, but nobody seems to list them- at least online.

And I see a bunch of dealers, like Bob Long, 32 Degrees and Palmers, have their name or logo on the face. Anyone know who makes those?

Thanks.
Doc.
At the prices I found on the net I can't see it being anything but a Chinese import. The search term you want (I think) is "SPG pressure gauge", that should find all the makers/sellers of submersible pressure gauges.

(If in that search you happen to find a nice propane gauge in the 0-10 psi range in a 1.5" size let me know).

sniper1rfa
sniper1rfa

August 20th, 2012, 4:29 pm #5

Thanks.
Doc.
mcmaster sells them. 9767T21 and 38105K51. Buy one and see what box it comes in?

Maker of Toys
Maker of Toys

August 20th, 2012, 4:56 pm #6

Thanks.
Doc.
I think Festo, Wika, and SMC have a 'micro gauge' that's designed to be inserted into a 1/8" 'push-lok' or 10-32 pneumatic type fitting.

::rummages thru wall o' catalogs::

Huh. I know for a fact that I have a couple of mid-pressure 1/2" dia Festo's in my chowder box, but I'm not seeing them in the book or listed on their website. Nor SMC's. Maybe at lunch I'll wander across the parking lot and ask the sales dudes at the SMC office . . .

here's a medium pressure one from the Live Steam modeling fraternity: http://www.miniaturepressuregauge.com/ but I suspect they're gonna be 'spensive.

Beswick has 1" low pressure ones for Russ:

http://www.beswick.com/products/product ... php?pid=61

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

August 20th, 2012, 11:06 pm #7

Their little 23mm unit seems to be the one I see everyone using; a one-piece outer hex/nipple back body with the window crimped in. Basically it seems everyone has their own flavor, but all basically the same design.

Though I have seen some, I think they were 32 Degrees, that had a wide-sweep dial, where the needle covered more like 220 or 260 degrees of the dial face, rather than the 90 degrees or so the more common ones do.

But that's fine, I just have a cool idea I want to look into. Thanks for the links!

Doc.

Russ Kepler
Russ Kepler

August 21st, 2012, 12:15 am #8

I think Festo, Wika, and SMC have a 'micro gauge' that's designed to be inserted into a 1/8" 'push-lok' or 10-32 pneumatic type fitting.

::rummages thru wall o' catalogs::

Huh. I know for a fact that I have a couple of mid-pressure 1/2" dia Festo's in my chowder box, but I'm not seeing them in the book or listed on their website. Nor SMC's. Maybe at lunch I'll wander across the parking lot and ask the sales dudes at the SMC office . . .

here's a medium pressure one from the Live Steam modeling fraternity: http://www.miniaturepressuregauge.com/ but I suspect they're gonna be 'spensive.

Beswick has 1" low pressure ones for Russ:

http://www.beswick.com/products/product ... php?pid=61
I've got a 0-15 already (from Ashcroft), I wanted a 0-10psi so that my running pressure would be closer to center. I'm strange like that.

I think I've got a private labeled one from Miniature Pressure Gauge on my locomotive, sure looks familar. But then you wouldn't expect too much variation on a pressure gauge...

jkeyser14
jkeyser14

August 22nd, 2012, 3:22 am #9

Their little 23mm unit seems to be the one I see everyone using; a one-piece outer hex/nipple back body with the window crimped in. Basically it seems everyone has their own flavor, but all basically the same design.

Though I have seen some, I think they were 32 Degrees, that had a wide-sweep dial, where the needle covered more like 220 or 260 degrees of the dial face, rather than the 90 degrees or so the more common ones do.

But that's fine, I just have a cool idea I want to look into. Thanks for the links!

Doc.
http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Product/Press ... Gages-Dial