comic display

comic display

Damien
Damien

April 1st, 2011, 9:39 am #1

Dear Doc,

I noticed that since this morning (i'm in Europe), comics displayed on your site are about Rick O' Shay...
It's a bit weird from my side 'cause it goes from Feb 25 to today, Apr 01... April's fool ?

Whereas two days ago, Doc was throwing the little snow leopard, all claws out, on Jinx, and i was anxiously waiting for the fall...

Thanx
Damien

Ed Z.
Ed Z.

April 1st, 2011, 9:48 am #2

Doc has been throwing hints here and there about how he's tired with the current comic formula and he wants to try something else. If you look closely, this is not a genuine Rick O'Shay comic but the signs are subtle and you have to really pay attention to the details in order to get the joke.

But to be honest, I strongly prefer Doc's older style. This stuff is a bit too postmodernist for my taste.

Z50
Z50

April 1st, 2011, 9:49 am #3

Dear Doc,

I noticed that since this morning (i'm in Europe), comics displayed on your site are about Rick O' Shay...
It's a bit weird from my side 'cause it goes from Feb 25 to today, Apr 01... April's fool ?

Whereas two days ago, Doc was throwing the little snow leopard, all claws out, on Jinx, and i was anxiously waiting for the fall...

Thanx
Damien
On April fools day many of the artists trade strips.

Fan
Fan

April 1st, 2011, 10:46 am #4

I like his usual tradition. I'm sad to see a lack of the usual fanservice joke, actually. I was looking forward to it.

FleetCommander
FleetCommander

April 1st, 2011, 12:32 pm #5

This is part of the April Fools joke. Something crisp, clean, and wholesome and absolutely no overtones whatsoever.

Doc, you sly dog!

Jason

LionkingCMSL
LionkingCMSL

April 1st, 2011, 12:51 pm #6

Dear Doc,

Thanx
Damien
Last year, IIRC, he had a fake directory up.

So, this Doc's normal April 1st tomfoolery. :=3

Ado
Ado

April 1st, 2011, 1:04 pm #7

Dear Doc,

Thanx
Damien
So I guess we all got Rick Rolled.

LionkingCMSL
LionkingCMSL

April 1st, 2011, 1:50 pm #8

Dear Doc,

Thanx
Damien
the story arc is "backwards"! :=3

Meaning, as you hit the previous button the story progresses. :=3

Nice touch, Doc.

A lot of work I'm sure, and, IMHO, worth it. :+3

jonotwist
jonotwist

April 1st, 2011, 3:45 pm #9

Dear Doc,

Thanx
Damien
but the real fools joke is that doc has me reading on and on.
need moar rick oshay.

Damien
Damien

April 1st, 2011, 5:06 pm #10

the story arc is "backwards"! :=3

Meaning, as you hit the previous button the story progresses. :=3

Nice touch, Doc.

A lot of work I'm sure, and, IMHO, worth it. :+3
yep