CO2 less - Tankless - Paintball Marker

CO2 less - Tankless - Paintball Marker

TheTechGuru
TheTechGuru

July 1st, 2011, 8:41 am #1

Hello board, My name is James and this is my first post. I have been reading on and off for years.

I am a Chicago Native, and an avid paint baller for the last few years.

I wanted to make a small announcement about a project that I have been working on for the past few weeks, that involves a tankless paintball marker.

I thought it would be neat to strip the tank from my marker altogether, and come up with a way to provide enough air on the fly to launch a paintball, without losing any accuracy or fps.

The first few attempts didnt work out so well, I have faltered here and there, but I am testing a marker right now that is very promising.

I was just wondering if this was interesting to anyone else. If it is, I would be glad to post a few pics and a video or two in a week or so when I finally button it up.

Deus Machina
Deus Machina

July 1st, 2011, 9:45 am #2

Stuff like this always is.

Afraid it'd been attempted before, though. The E-volt, which turned out to sacrifice too much to weight and actual usability compared to markers with tanks, that it never hit the market.

If you could make something Tippman-size or smaller, that can crank rounds out as fast as you can pull a trigger, it would be an idea to either sell (to K2) or defend from thieves.

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

July 1st, 2011, 12:50 pm #3

Doc.

Derek
Derek

July 1st, 2011, 3:55 pm #4

Hello board, My name is James and this is my first post. I have been reading on and off for years.

I wanted to make a small announcement about a project that I have been working on for the past few weeks, that involves a tankless paintball marker.

I thought it would be neat to strip the tank from my marker altogether, and come up with a way to provide enough air on the fly to launch a paintball, without losing any accuracy or fps.

The first few attempts didnt work out so well, I have faltered here and there, but I am testing a marker right now that is very promising.

I was just wondering if this was interesting to anyone else. If it is, I would be glad to post a few pics and a video or two in a week or so when I finally button it up.
I haven't played much lately, but you can't go holding something like that back.

Nighthawke
Nighthawke

July 1st, 2011, 5:34 pm #5

That's a puny marker, even for a pump. Now if someone came up with a dependable ignitor, and used a body of an e-mag to cycle the pistons and propane through it...

Hey, that thing could spit fire AND rain paint.

hp_lovecraft
hp_lovecraft

July 1st, 2011, 8:07 pm #6

Both seemed interesting ways to not used CO2/HPA...... but in the end, its cool, but doesnt really help you.

I think the advantage with the C3/eVolt was for markets that had no access to CO2/HPA, like maybe police training? or maybe as rentals? Hard to say since it seemed that they didn't market it to either group.

Jason "Beest" Clarke
Jason "Beest" Clarke

July 1st, 2011, 8:20 pm #7

I think Manike commneted on the eVolt when it came up on MCB one time , that it was completely viable and ready to go, only business reasons, the economy was poor, marker sales were down anticipated return on investment was low etc. that kept it form being released.

Practically it was sound.

Beest again
Beest again

July 1st, 2011, 8:31 pm #8

2 posts on this page
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead ... dea-2.html

"The gun shot remarkably well. Extremely consistent, very quiet for the ball release, although you could hear the gears inside and feel the gun "torque" when you shot it."

TheTechGuru
TheTechGuru

July 2nd, 2011, 7:43 am #9

Cool! I will definitely post some shots and info as soon as possible.

Im finishing up a full auto bb gun idea within the next few days, and I will then gather up enough info and pics of the marker as soon as the bb gun is finished, since its closer to being finished.

I do have some concerns about the overall size and weight of the marker. In order to actually strip the tank completely, it has to be replaced by a high output piston style pump, plus the electronics, but I have a few ideas for shrinking the whole thing once I get it working according to my needs.

I personally think it is much simpler to run air, and probably always will use it. I just thought it would be cool to make something comparable without the tank.

DOC, do you have any suggestions for a cheap small affordable lathe for aluminum/steel that I can purchase for my home? I can only work on my ideas on my free time at work, and sometimes I get ideas while at home that I feel like I MUST work on right then. Would be nice to have something cheap and fairly accurate.

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

July 2nd, 2011, 5:57 pm #10

Doc.