bwahahahahaha!

August 18th, 2018, 4:02 pm #1

Those crazy Finns are at it again... 😋

August 19th, 2018, 2:50 am #2

😂

August 20th, 2018, 4:41 am #3

I don't normally watch life-hack or press videos, but the combination and spoof of the life-hacks was amusing! XD

August 24th, 2018, 7:38 pm #4

August 26th, 2018, 8:56 am #5

Is that how US car mechanics usually work, or is it recorded as an example of how NOT to do it?  
The car was reported as overheated, and he doesn't check the coolant before attempting to start it?  
And when he spots the issue does he hurry to turn it off?  
There's probably a ruined head gasket in there, and he cranked it and cranked it and cranked it to get it started instead of compression-testing it.
He didn't even check to see if the oil had been contaminated with coolant!

August 26th, 2018, 12:25 pm #6

Snowtroll wrote: Is that how US car mechanics usually work, or is it recorded as an example of how NOT to do it?  
The car was reported as overheated, and he doesn't check the coolant before attempting to start it?  
And when he spots the issue does he hurry to turn it off?  
There's probably a ruined head gasket in there, and he cranked it and cranked it and cranked it to get it started instead of compression-testing it.
He didn't even check to see if the oil had been contaminated with coolant!
They are playing it up for laughs for the camera.     When I suspected a blown head-gasket on my Park Ave the mechanic did a bunch of checks before cranking it,  had it diagnosed without running it and handed me the estimate.   
It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.

August 26th, 2018, 1:30 pm #7

An engine won't bake itself if it's run dry for a short time at low power. Bear in mind that those multi-kilo horsepower dragsters have no cooling - the water passages are filled with epoxy to prevent the block from flexing - and they're warmed up before they get to the strip for the burnouts, staging and race, and they survive the full throttle blast down the 1/4 mile okay. They burn a bit more fuel than a Ford Escape, too. If you haven't seen the full throttle injector test,  catch the YouTube here.  It apparently starts with the fuel flow at the idle.....
Breakfast.com halted. Cereal port not ready.

August 26th, 2018, 4:09 pm #8

Just because an engine CAN run for a little while without cooling doesn't mean it should.  

Most modern engines used in normal cars have much less metal than the bruisers used in motorsport, so they heat up pretty fast if there's no or inadequate cooling.  Remember, metal is heavy(bad for mileage) and expensive.
And in the case of alloy engines which typically have 'wet liners'(the engine case is just a big, empty case with a couple of steel pipes in it) a low liquid level might mean that the liquid doesn't circulate at all, it just churns around in the case. 

August 29th, 2018, 10:55 pm #9

August 30th, 2018, 1:51 am #10

Snowtroll wrote: Just because an engine CAN run for a little while without cooling doesn't mean it should.  

Most modern engines used in normal cars have much less metal than the bruisers used in motorsport, so they heat up pretty fast if there's no or inadequate cooling.  Remember, metal is heavy(bad for mileage) and expensive.
And in the case of alloy engines which typically have 'wet liners'(the engine case is just a big, empty case with a couple of steel pipes in it) a low liquid level might mean that the liquid doesn't circulate at all, it just churns around in the case. 
While I read such thoughts I'm harkened back to the days of yore, when observing the Popeye's II offshore racing boat, piloted by the late Al Copeland.

This beast sported four 460ci Mercury V8 engines, cast aluminum alloy blocks, quad prop.  They brought it up to the Saginaw Bay for it's first trial, which did not end well.   The boat was recovered after all four props exploded and ripped large holes in the aft hull.  The hull was a one piece 50 foot catamaran, molded carbon fibre foam by Goetz of Rhote Island.  I asked the mechanic, who happened to have one side engine compartment open how they cooled it and he said, mostly by air and fuel.  The engine block cooling passages were filled with concrete.  Definitely Doc style stuff.  Oh, and check out the piker advertising on the back of that craft, way back then.
goetz popeyes 2.jpg
goetz popeyes 1.jpg