Binky 18...

July 31st, 2018, 7:35 pm #1

Guess that's 37 mins lost that Doc was going to use for something else today ;)

July 31st, 2018, 9:22 pm #2

I think they're getting sillier.  That's not a complaint.
"Vox populi, vox humbug!"
- William Tecumseh Sherman

July 31st, 2018, 9:48 pm #3

Well, I know what I'm watching when I get done with my chores tonight.😺

August 1st, 2018, 2:27 am #4

On Patreon, right? Might wanna note that so's us non-patrons don't get excited for no reason, I can't afford that in this heat!

August 1st, 2018, 3:31 am #5

... looks like. *sad panda* Oh well, something to look forward to.

August 1st, 2018, 7:03 pm #6

its livvvveeeeeee
Explosion - from the Latin, 'oh my god, my eyebrows'

August 1st, 2018, 11:46 pm #7

So it is! 

August 2nd, 2018, 9:37 am #8

Not the "best" episode- I'd still vote for 16 or 17 for that one, especially 17's "calendar!" bit 😁- but a durn good ep nonetheless.

Yeah, a bit more silliness, but they had time, really, as there was a lot less raw fabrication involved in this one. If it took them 13 hours to mount the wiper motor, think of how much actual time making that linear-actuator flip-front took. 😆

I am, however, kind of wondering why the wipers came in at this stage, when there's still a bunch of engine-related stuff that needs sorting- like the turbocharger location, charge cooler plumbing, intake piping, etc.

Although I suppose they wanted to get the wiper motor in and mounted since it's just one puzzle piece that has to all get jammed into the engine compartment.

Now, I think we asked this last time, but what else needs to be done?

Wiring, obviously, which also presumes the headlights and taillights, plus sorting out the gauges and dash controls. The interior in general (padding, sound-deadening, carpet, upholstery, etc.) but I suspect that'll come near the end, after the thing's been painted and close to final assembly. Turbo and intake plumbing, that one power steering line needs to be properly fabricated as well as some proper wheels, there's still some underhood sheetmetal that will need to be worked on (like the heater intake ducting, which I suspect will eventually get routed around towards the front)...

So. First test drive by, say... episode 25? (Which will probably be roughly  mid-2020? 😁 )

Doc.

August 2nd, 2018, 10:30 am #9

You missed "take over the world" there... ;) bom.png

August 2nd, 2018, 12:52 pm #10

DocsMachine wrote:I am, however, kind of wondering why the wipers came in at this stage, when there's still a bunch of engine-related stuff that needs sorting- like the turbocharger location, charge cooler plumbing, intake piping, etc.
Same reason I made a cutlery rack for the galley drawer of my boat before finishing the fuel system?  Sometimes you just feel like doing the thing in front of you, regardless of the strictly logical priority order.

Surely you of all people are familiar with that feeling?

Pete