12:44 AM - Aug 05, 2018 #31

DocsMachine wrote: If I did, I didn't mean to. 😁 Lemme check my inboxes and see if I can dig something up.

Doc.
I remember you got it, and had responded that the PDF didn't come out right for some reason, so I fixed it and resent it.  Just figured you were busy with your other stuff.  Tried to get Ken to do it (KPCustoms) but he had too much other stuff going on as well.

12:24 PM - Aug 06, 2018 #32

ChloeRed wrote:
DocsMachine wrote: (It's an MG ZR, apparently a pretty popular small car. They just pronounce it as "Zed-Arr", whereas here in the US we'd say "Zee-Arr". 😋 I thought they were referring to a car with a typical oddball European name, like "Zedar". 😁 )
Popular, yes.. mostly due to the discounts on it that made it a very attractive option for a car at the time.
They did a line like that, where they took a normal Rover model, released it with some tweeks, and gave it an MG badge and name.

So there's a ZR, ZS, and ZT, all of which I think would sound pretty weird in an American pronunciation.

(The MG ZR was based on the Rover 25, the MG ZS was the Rover 45, the MG ZT was the Rover 75.)

There's something similar in the world of vintage computing with Sinclair's ZX line.  Most Americans I've heard talking about them tend to go with the "zed-ex" pronunciation, though, probably because it rolls off the tongue a little easier.
"Vox populi, vox humbug!"
- William Tecumseh Sherman

1:08 PM - Aug 06, 2018 #33

Ahhh the MG Z range, such a shame they're all done now. I'm just about to take my MG ZTT-190 to the recycle yard, The ZT-T is the estate car version of the ZT with a 190bhp V6, good for a genuine 140 mph, some claim closer to 150 but quite honestly if you can stand the noise in the cabin and the sheer terror of hanging on to the bloody thing then you're a better man than I. It's a good car, fun to drive, takes corners like the demon it sounds like and shocks the snot out of the hatchback kiddies but i have too much on what with my Triumph and a sail boat.

1:10 PM - Aug 06, 2018 #34

oh for a time the V8 version of the ZTT was the fastest production estate car.

now that would be a car to own.

1:14 PM - Aug 06, 2018 #35

Kandinsky wrote: oh for a time the V8 version of the ZTT was the fastest NON production estate car.

now that would be a car to own.
corrected.

6:18 PM - Aug 06, 2018 #36

Kandinsky wrote: Ahhh the MG Z range, such a shame they're all done now. I'm just about to take my MG ZTT-190 to the recycle yard, The ZT-T is the estate car version of the ZT with a 190bhp V6, good for a genuine 140 mph, some claim closer to 150 but quite honestly if you can stand the noise in the cabin and the sheer terror of hanging on to the bloody thing then you're a better man than I. It's a good car, fun to drive, takes corners like the demon it sounds like and shocks the snot out of the hatchback kiddies but i have too much on what with my Triumph and a sail boat.
You're making me miss my kitty now :(

Not large power, but a lot of torque and fun to actually drive. But at 250,000 miles she decided that being the primary car was too much and would go into limp home when I really didn't need it, and turning the engine off and on again at 70mph isn't fun.

I miss my X-type estate.

9:24 AM - Aug 11, 2018 #37

DocsMachine wrote:Hadn't thought of that, they're pretty good with the train thing over there.
Not to rural Shropshire, though :)

Pete