Awwwwwww Doc~ (Today's Strip)

Awwwwwww Doc~ (Today's Strip)

April 12th, 2017, 4:40 pm #1

*gives the bear a hug, reminding him that's not the only plant making his dew*

April 12th, 2017, 6:12 pm #2

In-universe does Doc make his own concentrate or just bottle it? I worked at a bottling plant years ago and we bought syrup from various sources, diluted it and added it to the appropriate bottles.

I could see it going either way based on the comments about the store brand stuff not being strong enough... but then again it's been implied he owns stock in the company so it would seem he buys syrup from them... or maybe just licenses the recipe...?
It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.

April 12th, 2017, 6:55 pm #3

I haven't really dwelled on it too much, as the specifics have never come up in a gag. But I could easily see it either way- Doc buys a tanker truck full of syrup and adjusts it to his liking ("Let's see, two 55 gallon drums of industrial caffeine, and just a pinch of methamphetamine") or he starts from scratch ("Okay, first, we fill the swimming pool 2/3rds of the way up with sugar...")

Doc.

April 12th, 2017, 7:17 pm #4

I assumed he used something like an ANFO mixer. If he had a mixing truck it could double as a slushie/margarita blender for the 4th of July picnic.
If it ain't broke, I'll fix it!

April 12th, 2017, 11:30 pm #5

I haven't really dwelled on it too much, as the specifics have never come up in a gag. But I could easily see it either way- Doc buys a tanker truck full of syrup and adjusts it to his liking ("Let's see, two 55 gallon drums of industrial caffeine, and just a pinch of methamphetamine") or he starts from scratch ("Okay, first, we fill the swimming pool 2/3rds of the way up with sugar...")

Doc.
And here I had always thought that you made it in multi million gallon silos!

April 13th, 2017, 12:40 am #6

What's the difference between an indoor pool and a silo? Maybe the height of the coping.

Didn't Doc tell Cara he had an indoor pool? Some days it's an indoor pool, some days it's an industrial mixing vat. Employees are advised to check the schedule before using the high dive.

Note to Roger: develop a biologically inert liquid that also dissolves Lycra & Nylon.

April 13th, 2017, 6:58 am #7

Doc.
when diluted 5:1 with carbonated water for bottling or drinking equals potentially 43,200 gallons of finished Dew that got wasted. The average tank truck is anywhere from 7,000 to 8,000 gallons depending on the specific gravity of the cargo...

And you won't be using nearly that much caffeine powder, a drum would be a year's supply for the plant. I'll betcha that's only going to be a pound or two (Big Scoop) in a tank truck full to hit Doc's preferences or the LD50 of certain sensitive species...

April 14th, 2017, 4:19 am #8

I assumed he used something like an ANFO mixer. If he had a mixing truck it could double as a slushie/margarita blender for the 4th of July picnic.
Nutrient Tumbler

April 14th, 2017, 12:50 pm #9

What's the difference between an indoor pool and a silo? Maybe the height of the coping.

Didn't Doc tell Cara he had an indoor pool? Some days it's an indoor pool, some days it's an industrial mixing vat. Employees are advised to check the schedule before using the high dive.

Note to Roger: develop a biologically inert liquid that also dissolves Lycra & Nylon.
The volume.

After looking at the actual volume of an Olympic swimming pool I should have said a billion and not multi millions. In my defense I could not find what the volume of what a large concrete oil storage tank was.

April 15th, 2017, 6:56 pm #10

when diluted 5:1 with carbonated water for bottling or drinking equals potentially 43,200 gallons of finished Dew that got wasted. The average tank truck is anywhere from 7,000 to 8,000 gallons depending on the specific gravity of the cargo...

And you won't be using nearly that much caffeine powder, a drum would be a year's supply for the plant. I'll betcha that's only going to be a pound or two (Big Scoop) in a tank truck full to hit Doc's preferences or the LD50 of certain sensitive species...
Nothing to see here... Honest
Explosion - from the Latin, 'oh my god, my eyebrows'