avengers

avengers

smorizio
smorizio

May 5th, 2012, 7:09 am #1

saw it was a great action movie. if you see one movie of the year this is one of them to go see.. mstk one part of the movie.. bamm bamm bamm bamm....boy your boy got a strong arm...all that was missing was the white oww balloon over someone near the end of the movie.

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

May 5th, 2012, 10:14 am #2

By far and away the best movie I've seen in years. Yeah, you kinda have to be either a comic nerd or have seen all the precursor movies (both Iron Men, Hulk, Captain America, Thor) to really get it, but it was epic action, a great plot, and damn fine 3D.

Yeah, there were a few plot holes and nitpicks, but I was more than willing to overlook them. Whedon balanced the actors well- it wasn't just Iron Man with a couple of backup heroes, everybody got their turn- the visuals were stunning but not too overblown, and the moments of humor were well placed, well timed and more than once made me laugh harder than an A-list comedian's routine.

Banner's reaction to the SHIELD carrier, the Hulk's "ragdoll" moment, Cap's reaction to the breaker panel, Loki poking Stark with the spear... I still giggle over the ragdoll thing.

Awesome scenery- the Carrier, Stark's automatic suit removal systems (and, for that matter, the automatic suit application system) the hero-on-hero battles...

And, of course, the midcredits reveal.

How, exactly, do you top the Cosmic Cube, and entire universe compressed into a singularity power source?

With the Infinity Gauntlet, of course.

I have almost never gone to see a movie in the theaters more than once. I saw the first Iron Man three times- that's the only one I can think of. I'll be going back to see The Avengers, and probably more than once. Yeah, I'm a comic book geek. This movie was made for me.

Doc.

Drunken Oirish Cat
Drunken Oirish Cat

May 5th, 2012, 12:19 pm #3

*holds up a beer in tribute to 'him'*

(No spoilers from me.)

Webwolf
Webwolf

May 6th, 2012, 1:20 am #4

And possibly mangled, as I don't remember exactly what was said!

"...he's adopted?"
"Step away from the panel, please."
"Puny god."
"...I'm listening."

WolfWings
WolfWings

May 6th, 2012, 4:17 am #5

By far and away the best movie I've seen in years. Yeah, you kinda have to be either a comic nerd or have seen all the precursor movies (both Iron Men, Hulk, Captain America, Thor) to really get it, but it was epic action, a great plot, and damn fine 3D.

Yeah, there were a few plot holes and nitpicks, but I was more than willing to overlook them. Whedon balanced the actors well- it wasn't just Iron Man with a couple of backup heroes, everybody got their turn- the visuals were stunning but not too overblown, and the moments of humor were well placed, well timed and more than once made me laugh harder than an A-list comedian's routine.

Banner's reaction to the SHIELD carrier, the Hulk's "ragdoll" moment, Cap's reaction to the breaker panel, Loki poking Stark with the spear... I still giggle over the ragdoll thing.

Awesome scenery- the Carrier, Stark's automatic suit removal systems (and, for that matter, the automatic suit application system) the hero-on-hero battles...

And, of course, the midcredits reveal.

How, exactly, do you top the Cosmic Cube, and entire universe compressed into a singularity power source?

With the Infinity Gauntlet, of course.

I have almost never gone to see a movie in the theaters more than once. I saw the first Iron Man three times- that's the only one I can think of. I'll be going back to see The Avengers, and probably more than once. Yeah, I'm a comic book geek. This movie was made for me.

Doc.
Paying off a debt wordlessly.

Ragdoll was an EXTREMELY close runner up, tied with the 'instructions to the team' finish. =^.^=

smorizio
smorizio

May 6th, 2012, 6:18 am #6

there more video after the closing credits other then what been said online...looked like a blooper clip.

Ferratus
Ferratus

May 6th, 2012, 8:29 pm #7

"...he's adopted?"
"Puny god."
"...I'm listening."
The Shwarma Restaurant...

The looks on their faces...like any other work crew after a long day's work.

Nighthawke
Nighthawke

May 7th, 2012, 1:25 am #8

"...he's adopted?"
"Puny god."
"...I'm listening."
"he's adopted"

Steve Rogers: Doc... I think now is the perfect time for you to get angry.
Bruce Banner: That's my secret Cap, I'm always angry.

Loki: [Hulk throws Loki through a window into the Stark Tower penthouse] ENOUGH! You are, all of you, beneath me. I am a god you dull creature, and I will not be bullied by...
The Hulk: [Hulk grabs Loki by the legs and smashes him against the floor repeatedly] Puny god.

Steve Rogers: Are you nuts?
Tony Stark: Jury's out.

Webwolf
Webwolf

May 7th, 2012, 6:37 am #9

The point was in order to NOT GIVE ANY SPOILERS to people who had yet to see it this weekend..

Webwolf
Webwolf

May 7th, 2012, 6:38 am #10

*holds up a beer in tribute to 'him'*

(No spoilers from me.)
...that the Director's Cut has 40 minutes of extra footage. Which means...