Arrgh! How the H! am I supposed to get anything done now?

Arrgh! How the H! am I supposed to get anything done now?

Snowtroll
Snowtroll

May 7th, 2012, 5:04 pm #1

Got books 3 - 5 in the mail today, and don't you believe it, they're not numbered!

Now I have to read them all to make certain I know which order they belong in... Should probably read through book 1 and 2, too, to make certain I can follow the action correctly.

Sigh

No choice but to brew up a pot of tea and open a box of homemade cookies...
(Yes, I make cookies. I use a Kenwood to mix he dough, and since the Kenwood came with a spanner, it's OK for blokes to use it!)

Madcat
Madcat

May 7th, 2012, 5:27 pm #2

1. Digitally Remastered.
2. Untapped Potential.
3. Hit it Again.
4. Target Rich Enviroment.
5. You Only Ref Twice.
6. TBA (Hopefully soon)
7. TWB Holiday strips collection ( we can only hope :D)
For anyone else who doesn't know the order .

Snowtroll
Snowtroll

May 7th, 2012, 6:02 pm #3

I KNOW the sequence of the comics(I'm a fan after all). And if that wasn't enough, I could look at the printing date...

I ordered the books on the 27th, and well...
Doc isn't always known for prompt shipping, if you notice the posts that show up now and then...

But the cookies are real. And yummy!
A pity that they're a bit too fragile to be shipped across the pond.

Ketira
Ketira

May 7th, 2012, 9:22 pm #4

Got books 3 - 5 in the mail today, and don't you believe it, they're not numbered!

Now I have to read them all to make certain I know which order they belong in... Should probably read through book 1 and 2, too, to make certain I can follow the action correctly.

Sigh

(Yes, I make cookies. I use a Kenwood to mix he dough, and since the Kenwood came with a spanner, it's OK for blokes to use it!)
That would be a good thing to do today over here in Florida; we've got storms going all along Lightning Alley, and blinding rain coming down on the roads. Not that we don't need the rain (we do - there's a DROUGHT happening over here), but that would be a good thing to do while waiting for the storms to die down.

Madcat
Madcat

May 8th, 2012, 12:41 pm #5

I KNOW the sequence of the comics(I'm a fan after all). And if that wasn't enough, I could look at the printing date...

I ordered the books on the 27th, and well...
Doc isn't always known for prompt shipping, if you notice the posts that show up now and then...

But the cookies are real. And yummy!
A pity that they're a bit too fragile to be shipped across the pond.
Mine was bit of a joke post myself, thats why I dropped subtle hints about book 6 .

Snowtroll
Snowtroll

May 8th, 2012, 8:35 pm #6

That would be a good thing to do today over here in Florida; we've got storms going all along Lightning Alley, and blinding rain coming down on the roads. Not that we don't need the rain (we do - there's a DROUGHT happening over here), but that would be a good thing to do while waiting for the storms to die down.
If the machine can take it, why not?

Bruce Bergman
Bruce Bergman

May 9th, 2012, 6:28 am #7

Sigh

Translation - UK: Kenwood K-Mix = USA: KitchenAid (division of Hobart) K45 (tilt-up head) or K5 (bowl drops on jack-screw.)

If you want to make a good pizza crust or sponge dough for breads and rolls, you really knead to get one of these - 10 minutes with the dough hook will make short work of getting the gluten to develop right.

Snowtroll
Snowtroll

May 9th, 2012, 6:11 pm #8

My Kenwood Major has a 900W motor.
(There's a smaller Chef model, and a model with heated bowl, too. The K-mix is the smallest, I belive)

No clue as to which Kitchenaid model that would compare to.

The last time I baked bread, I used 2Kg of flour...

I sometimes make potato dumplings. Then I first peel potatoes, grate or grind them(lots of shiny accessories for these machines), then mix it with all kinds or coarse-ground flour.
A typical batch is 2.5Kg(5lbs) of potatoes and around a Kg(2lbs) of flour.

Ketira
Ketira

May 10th, 2012, 3:50 am #9

If the machine can take it, why not?

Snowtroll
Snowtroll

May 10th, 2012, 6:38 am #10

Only if you eat them all at one time... n/t